food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Scovie put down a really nice instance of CI blackening once ...

I remember it quite vividly.

I have liked butter, but can't imagine reason why clarified butter or ghee wouldn't be an improvement ...

Made these the other day.  Leftover taco meat, monty jack cheese, kitchen sink powder, LDHS Pink label and sour cream.  Literally inhaled these.

gallery_8228_122_8650.jpg

gallery_8228_122_783272.jpg

Thanks for stopping in the middle to share w/ us ... otherwise I wouldn't have had the reason to Google cachucha, which I haven't heard of before ...
Boss is the meat-handle stickler for Mexican cuisine ...

The Hot Pepper said:

:rofl:

A fork for a taco????? Well okay... I'll call it enchilada. Looks good!

grantmichaels said:

Boss is the meat-handle stickler for Mexican cuisine ...

Nothin counts as a taco unless it's wrapped in a floppy corn tortilla by bosses standards.  :rofl:

Not the best pic or much foo foo added but WOW!   We have a market near our Mexican population called Bravo,western union inside lots of bulk rice and beans and a real butcher. This place has fresh chicken feet if thats your thang. We went in there the other day to buy some cheap chicken because we are making our small dogs food these days. I cant wait to go back I could have filled a basket with the meat that I wanted. I picked up this seasoned from the butcher, carnita pork. This was one of the best smelling things in this house in a long time. If I knew it was going to be so good I would have done it up a little more but whatever.

Back