food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Sardine's and anchovies while not appealing to most Americans, are truly a perfect food.

Both are the best source of Omega-3 and the protein content is highly regarded.

The rest of the world outside of America hold them in very high regard.

Go to Madrid or Toledo Spain to a local tapas bar.

They'll feature CANNED anchovy's and sardine's.

And way more awesome than the Beach Cliff variety found in American stores.

Not that Beach Cliff is a bad brand but the flavored varieties like mustard, hot sauce, et. al. are pretty lame.

I buy the Beach Cliff in water only.

I'm too tired to go and take a pic of the differnt' canned anchovy's, sardine's, oyster's, and mussel's in my pantry right now.

But it prompt's me that I should do so in the near future.

I've pretty much kept my love for this sheeit in the shadows for now but maybe its time to come out of the closet with it.

Its healthy goodnessess.

texas blues said:
I've pretty much kept my love for this sheeit in the shadows for now but maybe its time to come out of the closet with it.

I'm so proud of you, TB. 

While I don't fully understand how you can live like that, I must say that I support you, and I pledge to do everything I can to increase my own knowledge about this issue.

It gets better. 

I was just gonna say that. As a kid I used it for trap and release raccoon bait for these traps made with shopping carts lol.
Sardines actually!

canned fish.

24F079FA00000578-2921382-image-a-5_1421921608141.jpg

#Fishgate 

wow y'all haters on food so much lately!  Sorry we all can't be gourmet foodie hipsters like the rest of y'all!

I eat tinned sardines and tuna. I 'aint ashamed.

In fact i luuurv the sheeeit outta tinned sardines with a squeeze of lemon and some hot sauce on a fresh toasted crusty bread roll rubbed with garlic and mebbe some olive oil over the top.

Haters gonna hate.  Lovers gonna eat.

Usually it's TB doin' the hatin' this time he's comin' outta the closet lovin' and the rest of us are hatin'! Bizarro World!

about the onlything I cared for out of a can was petite smoked oysters. Had to be the petite though. big one's taste like you're chewing on pure algae. 

Zest of one lime, big ol fat clove of garlic, 1/2 fatali finely chopped until puree.  2 pinches of sea salt and kampot black pepper fresh crushed in mortar and pestle.  EVOO flavour carrier

P5312223_zpsedqnowr1.jpg

Chook breast deeply scored and rubbed with ^.  Rested 1 hour at room temp.

P5312226_zpsgnmqv5wl.jpg

Cooked in butter over medium heat and deglazed towards the end with 1/3 juice of a lime.  Off to rest for 10 minutes then chunky sliced and re-fried

P5312233_zpso4tchxit.jpg

Chicken, fresh salsa (vine ripened cherry tomatoes, 1/3 cucumber, 1/4 Spanish onion, 2/3 juice of a lime, Hab hot sauce and s&p.  Processed through the blender in pulses, squeezed all the juices out by hand and then rehydrated with the lime juice). Sharp cheddar.

P5312239_zpsbliajnv1.jpg

Back