• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce The hottest natural sauces

Yeah, but don't be expecting the slow building burn. It smacks you right in the tongue as soon as it hits it.

hottest natural sauce...

how about Blair's Possible Side Effects?

283,000 SHU's and no extract

I can't seem to find a rating for Lethal Ingestion though the ingredients of Red Savina, Fatalii and Bhut Jolokia are pretty scary, I've eaten all three but not all at the same time. at 60 ml per bottle it sure is expensive - $30USD. at $9.95 for a woozy I reckon the PSE is pretty good value. I have a bottle, I guess I should open it and do a comparo with Pain2.

no I won't be youtubing it

stillmans Naga/Fatali as ya said HOTTTTT , scorpions "wrath of god" just arrived yesterday, thanks Scorpion,, testing that asap.. Bents Chronic Pain and Pain2 are Awesome and HOTT, have mild to wilds "pure Arson" with red savina's and "General Hurtin" looks like Fatali's yet to test, but they look like rippers tooo..

post from Oz for a bottle is bout $18 Aud, our dollar sucks atm so Postage plus a Bottle is prob 25% cheaper, thanks Government

chilliman64 said:
hottest natural sauce...

how about Blair's Possible Side Effects?

283,000 SHU's and no extract

I can't seem to find a rating for Lethal Ingestion though the ingredients of Red Savina, Fatalii and Bhut Jolokia are pretty scary, I've eaten all three but not all at the same time. at 60 ml per bottle it sure is expensive - $30USD. at $9.95 for a woozy I reckon the PSE is pretty good value. I have a bottle, I guess I should open it and do a comparo with Pain2.

no I won't be youtubing it

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Blair's Possible Side Effects does have extract in it. It may not be called that in the ingredients, but it is. I think they list it as Natural Pepper Flavor or something like that, but trust me it's extract. Take a look at a bottle that has been sitting for a while and there will be a pool of extract at the top. That being said it is still a good sauce.

munchzilla said:
http://www.hotsauce.com/Cajohn-s-Lethal-Injection-Bhut-Jolokia-Hot-Sauce-p/1534ca.htm
not sure if that is actually true, whew.. kinda scary numbers there. but since it has some chemical process to it (?) I guess it could be true. fun stuff! :)

I did a video review for CaJohn's Lethal Ingestion, plus Killer Cayenne and Killer Jalapeno all in one sitting. I had way too much of the L.I. because 45 minutes after the video was done, it hit my tummy hard. No extract taste at all though. It is a very tasty product, but I would love to see Hippy try the Spoon of Doom with that one. Here is the link to the longass videos we did(mine is towards the bottom-you can go to video 3):
http://www.tastethefear.com/?p=576

Buddah said:
I did a video review for CaJohn's Lethal Ingestion, plus Killer Cayenne and Killer Jalapeno all in one sitting. I had way too much of the L.I. because 45 minutes after the video was done, it hit my tummy hard. No extract taste at all though. It is a very tasty product, but I would love to see Hippy try the Spoon of Doom with that one. Here is the link to the longass videos we did(mine is towards the bottom-you can go to video 3):
http://www.tastethefear.com/?p=576

ah, that's nice. thanks for the video and review!
the taste seems to be good too, that's pretty nice to hear. I just wanted it mainly as a food additive but without the extract flavour, but it's great to hear that the taste isn't only okay, but good.

Nice work there Buddah. That delayed Naga hit is pretty spiffy, eh?

Congrats on taming the LI....
2.gif
2.gif

QuadShotz said:
Nice work there Buddah. That delayed Naga hit is pretty spiffy, eh?

Congrats on taming the LI....
2.gif
2.gif

I tamed squat. 45 minutes after that video was shutdown, I was bent over a garbage container close to heaving my lunch in the middle of the mall. That gutwrenching feeling lasted about an hour. LI tamed me. :(

Buddah said:
I tamed squat. 45 minutes after that video was shutdown, I was bent over a garbage container close to heaving my lunch in the middle of the mall. That gutwrenching feeling lasted about an hour. LI tamed me. :(

I hate that feeling, happens when i ingest too much jersey death, hence i don't use it anymore- feels like you are going to die..

JayT said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Blair's Possible Side Effects does have extract in it. It may not be called that in the ingredients, but it is. I think they list it as Natural Pepper Flavor or something like that, but trust me it's extract. Take a look at a bottle that has been sitting for a while and there will be a pool of extract at the top. That being said it is still a good sauce.

you sure it's not just a thin layer of separated oil???

wouldn't it rate higher than 283k SHU's with extract and Red Savina?

anyway, rather than get into an "it does, no it doesn't" discussion, I've written to the home of Blair's - extremefoods.com - and asked them the following:

Hi Guys - love your sauces!!!
I seem to be involved in a little dispute with some fellow chileheads - I say that Possible Side Effects does NOT contain extract - the others say that the ingredient "natural pepper flavoring" is extract. Can you please clear this up for me? Thanks, Mark.

let's await the outcome

As a person in the pepper business, "natural pepper flavor" generally means extract. Now weither or not he actually admits it is a whole nother story. But yes, it is extract.

Yeah, just like when it says "Oleoresin". Somtimes labeled as Pepper/Chile/Capsaicin Oleoresin.

That's extracted capiscum...thus the term "extract".

It's naturally occuring, but can be processed in varyingly good or bad ways. IMO, I would rather just have the 100% pepper as was grown.

Simple explaination:

Term: Oleoresin
Function: Noun
Definition: A naturally occurring mixture of oil and a resin extracted from various plants.

Term: Capsicum
Definition: A genus of plants, the ripe fruit of the capsicum mimum (or frutescans),contains
the active principal capsaicin.

Term: Capsaicin
Definition: A colorless, pungent crystalline compound that is derived from capsicum
and is a strong irritant to skin and mucous membranes.

http://www.cqbsupply.com/about_oc.html

Back