• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

Beautiful ... our fav take-out calzone has beautiful meatballs that would be more awesome for being sliced ...

Still haven't used my slicer ... need to rectify that.

Thanks guys. Meat of that consistency, when thinly sliced, goes great on pizza.

I've never made it like that before.

Picadilloaf.

i did not make this!! my lil sis did. we call her krazy k. but this is real is it gets ;) i wont go into boring details about her stupid cooking skills,and master of pizza among lots of other food dishes. but here you go :dance:

Even a hippy would eat that pizza.

I dunno' what all's on or in that thang but if'n I was an eater of dead animal carcass, which I ain't, I'd Chairman Mao the sheeit out of that pie.

I saw a pizza show on tv the other day and learned that there is a style that I had not heard of, Detroit style.  So, I made one.  Looks like this:

102_1681.JPG
102_1682.JPG
102_1684.JPG

very nice jay t!!   i grew up in upstae ny.  but all my family befor that actually came from detroit and that looks like the homemade pizza we always had.  and to top it off you are using the same plates :rofl:   "im sure ive told you that?

infact
IMAG0253.jpg

Jayt and Sum, nice looking pizzas!!! may have to have a crack at making some rectangles pies, i struggle enough trying to keep em round, this has to be easier, i think, maybe

Hey Sic - is that the same sis that rocks out the mad Italiano grub????

And JT - what is it that makes a pizza a "Detroit Style"? Your pie sure looks crazy yum!!!!!

We call the square or "Detroit" pizzas "Old Fashioneds" in CT the typical one is pretty much just crushed peeled plum tomatoes, I-talian seasoning and Parmesan cheese they come on a huge sheet (Sheet pizza) love those - and would face plant into all of those Sic and J

Back