• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

WTF is that thang? Looks the same raw as cooked. Hmmm not pizza but something...

I would SO get in on this, but I don't do my own dough.

Paulky Paulky Paulky. You can do your own dough. It's so easy. I use a 3 step method, it works every time.
1. Find a recipe for beer pizza dough (I've used the same one several times)
2. Ask my wife to make it
3. Toss it in the air a few times like a jackass, and when that doesn't work, bust out the rolling pin.

Just follow those steps (but don't ask my wife to make yours. I'm sure she'd be happy to, but kinda far away. Substitute your own female dough-maker)

FD

Paulky Paulky Paulky. You can do your own dough. It's so easy. I use a 3 step method, it works every time.
1. Find a recipe for beer pizza dough (I've used the same one several times)
2. Ask my wife to make it
3. Toss it in the air a few times like a jackass, and when that doesn't work, bust out the rolling pin.

Just follow those steps (but don't ask my wife to make yours. I'm sure she'd be happy to, but kinda far away. Substitute your own female dough-maker)

FD

....now why didn't I think of that?

:rofl:

Happy New Year pizza lovers! After taking a brief hiatus for the holidays, SoFlo Posse has returned to its usual shenanigans and tomfoolery...

You guessed it, watching Virginia Tech get corn-holed by Stanford whilst drinking beer and trying to cook something in a dangerous fashion without burning the crap out of ourselves.

This being the end of the holiday season, SoFlo decided to put extra care into the crafting of this jewel of a pizza. And since nothing says "I love you" more than an oven fired pizza, we busted out the Weber and the charcoal... for you

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

Sauced up with a touch of garlic infused olive oil... simple yet elegant.
IMG_3058.jpg

Fresh oregano from the garden, fresh mozzarella, ricotta cheese, prosciutto, fresh jalapeno slices... re-defining opulence.
IMG_3059.jpg

Perfecto!
IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

SumBits

Nice rustic pie! I'd dive into that in a heartbeat.

nice post, sum. That sure was good. You're skills on the peel were mind bottling.
Crust was nice and tender and chewy. Charcoal gave it a nice flavor.
Proscuitto is the best pizza topping ever. If you haven't tried it, do so dammit.

You are an ass clown for 2 things:

1. Bringing up the VT Orange Bowl debacle, then telling Frydad to make me check this thread.
2. Drinking Budweiser Select. What's next? Aerobics classes?

Good looking pizza, though.

Nice Fiddy! Pay no attention to 5-0h. He's from Georgia and they eat their dirt. That pizza looks hot blue and righteous to me. Extra points for the well blackened pizza stone. Ain't no posers in teh SoFloPosse!

But as I recall, someone from the dry ditch has been a recent poser..... albeit with good reason!
;)

I decry any smack talk on this thread.
The pizza thread was created by TB to be a safe haven for pizza lovers.
It has been taken over by me and sumbits because apparently we are the only people on THP who make our own pizza, minus a few of people we describe as "friendly".

There will be no digs at the creator with yellow smileys.

FD

throwdown crowns and all.

I decry any smack talk on this thread.
The pizza thread was created by TB to be a safe haven for pizza lovers.
It has been taken over by me and sumbits because apparently we are the only people on THP who make our own pizza, minus a few of people we describe as "friendly".

There will be no digs at the creator with yellow smileys.

FD

throwdown crowns and all.

i'm TB and I approved this message!

I fully support Sum and Fitty in their culinary alcoholic fueled hooliganism. Have mercy 'dem boys 'sho 'nuff no how to get down brown!

But as I recall, someone from the dry ditch has been a recent poser..... albeit with good reason!
;)

Much obliged geeme. Holding rock steady at 165. Reckon its time to cheat with some SoFlo style pizza this weekend. I think so. Cracker style or focaccia I can't decide.

SumBits-
that was some fine looking pizza! Could a used a little tweaking, imho~

more prosciutto, and more chiles! I think one of the best things about pizza is getting a little of everything in every bite! except the crust ring, which is a whole other topic~

Anyway- the Kid wants to do "mini-pizza" soon, so we'll be back! Homemade crust and all!

SHEESH! I should know better than to start looking through these threads when hungry~~~

(off to get a towel to wipe up the drool~~~) :)

And PROPS to TB! All this cookery tomfoolerishness is good on occasion. Keep it healthy on the daily basis and it's all good for the fun times~

SL- If I were to tweak it any, I think I'd make a whole new pizza. I'm thinkin' a deep dish (CI style... the best) Texas Creek BBQ Sauce chicken pizza.

That sauce was GEWD!!!
A nice thin crust is really what I'm all about. Bring out the flavor... let it blossom in the mouth.

Let's see what you got!

btw- TB's tomfoolerishesnessh is good on EVERY occasion!

werd,
SoFlo said

Back