• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

hello Jay T!
my friend ucould saythe quantitiesofingredients? i need to try this dough!! :D
thanks

No problem. I usually use 2 cups 00 Flour, 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 package dry yeast, 1 cup warm 100-105F water, 1 TBS honey or raw sugar, 2 TBS olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp Italian herbs.

This is probably the best thread I have ever seen, on any forum, anywhere, ever. Just spent 2 hours reading the whole thing... will post my hot pizza concoction soon! Thanks for sharing everyone!

LOL Burnface! You have just scratched the surface of THP.
Enjoy! There's lots of great threads, just revolving around cooking.
Poppers, smoking/ BBQ, Spicy meals, The Drunken Chef, The hungover Chef, and on....
Not to mention the Throw Downs on the first weekend of every month which you may enter.

<--------- You get crowns if you win! lots of friendly smacktalk, and drinks and food.

Plus all of the Growing, trading, sauces, seeds, recipes, soil/ fertelizer/ ph/ light bulbs, etc etc etc, threads.
Everything and anything you could ever want to know about anything peppers!

Welcome to THP!

SoFlo made some pizza today while watching Helio climb a fence, NASCAR getting rained out, Tiger winning for the first time in years, basketball, Mad Men... we had it all going on today.

FD will update with the pics and the banter soon.

SoFlo Deluxe

This one was one for the record books! Peep this:

Lots of beer.
Scratch made beer pizza dough.
Fresh tomato, sliced thin.
Garlic infused olive oil to dribble all over everything.
Bacon
Mushrooms
Black Olives
Ricotta (So dang good on pizza!)
Mozzarella
Triple-Cheddar
Fresh Jalapeno.
You know how sometimes you get a fresh Jalapeno that has heat that surpasses everything you previously believed about Jalapenos???
That was this guy!
Wish I saved the seeds!
Cooked on the stone at 500 degrees. For half a beer.

Dough, bacon, tomatoes
IMGP2454.jpg

Oh baby I like it raw!
IMGP2455.jpg

Didn't cook it on the pan, just for cutting purposes.
IMGP2456.jpg

Careful, it's still hot!
IMGP2458.jpg

Goo. All up in your mouth!
IMGP2459.jpg

I have now had this for 3 consecutive meals. All out now.
IMGP2457.jpg

SoFlo Fo Sho!

FD

Right on catchetone! SoFlo comes through with artisan beer style. Xtry points for the mason jar hosky glass. Why? I dunno'. It just looks that right.

I have a fancy kitchen aid stand mixer, and I can use it with the best of 'em...but I actually prefer to make my dough in a bread machine.
It has a dough setting that knows exactly how warm to get so the yeast is happy, I just plop the ingredients in, have a few beers, and the magic happens.

This pie was really good.
I strongly recommend ricotta on pizza. If you've never had it, give it a try!
Also, proscuitto is AWESOME on pizza, even better than bacon, imho.

In fact, ricotta and proscuitto together, along with fresh basil, makes a top 3 favorite pie of mine!

Nice pie! FD, you'd dig the lasagna slices we have up here. Ricotta, yes, and sauce, and meat. Dig.

Back