• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll stick with my dessert trend for this, though I could change my mind.

But this weekend I'm doing tacos in honor of TB rather than his dear sweet ma. Good times will be had by all…..

BLUEberries!!!! There you go! Now you can stop bugging me... :lol: ;)

I dreamed it. P2K is going to do one of his famous spreads... SL a picnic style dim sum... TB is gonna splooge... SmokenFire is gonna do some crazy Chi-town shizz.

The Hot Pepper said:
I dreamed it. P2K is going to do one of his famous spreads... SL a picnic style dim sum... TB is gonna splooge... SmokenFire is gonna do some crazy Chi-town shizz.

Every TD I want to make a request, and I *always* decide to wait until further from when it's over to ask ... and then I forget, until the next one ...

So, in the least controversial way possible, I'd like to suggest for the future - including either the Friday or Monday or both in TD spans, for people who work on weekends? ...

I can always cook one or the other, but I think we have some folks who do farmer's markets and such on the weekends ...

I thought of it when you mentioned SmokenFire, because I know I've seen him write twice re: TD's that he works across the whole weekend sometimes, and I've had to do stupid shit to make it work before, and I know D3 and Essegi have been chomping at the bit to iron out their time differentials for them before too ...

I've seen how extended length contests aren't as popular (they try to run them month-long elsewhere and it just doesn't have the critical mass to be exciting), but including a 3rd non-weekend day would be increasingly inclusive, I think ...

I know I've wished to be able to do them on Friday's or Monday's before ...

Maybe for future one's ... or not.

They always have and do start Friday. ;)
It just doesn't seem so because usually no one posts until Saturday. Except keybrdkid lol.
And any time one is extended to Monday it is a dead day. It just works as it is. But yes they start Fridays.

The Hot Pepper said:
BLUEberries!!!! There you go! Now you can stop bugging me... :lol: ;)
 Blueberries don't count. And HAIL NO!!!!!  :lol: 

The Hot Pepper said:
I dreamed it. P2K is going to do one of his famous spreads... SL a picnic style dim sum... TB is gonna splooge... SmokenFire is gonna do some crazy Chi-town shizz. SoFlo is gonna put it all on a 'naner leaf and blow everyone's mind.
FIFY

The Hot Pepper said:
It just doesn't seem so because usually no one posts until Saturday.
Just another two cents as, aside from US-based members' work schedules, our friends in OZ often lose part of their weekend cooking opportunity since late-day Friday announcements are into their Saturday. We might well get more Aussie participants if the announcements were made earlier on Fridays, like in the morning our time. Just a thought….

I do often post them later than I want. That is true. I can post them in the wee hours of Friday am (being still up Thursday) but I figured the post would get lost and not bumped. We'll see. Maybe I will try that this time.

The Hot Pepper said:
It just doesn't seem so because usually no one posts until Saturday. Except keybrdkid lol.
And any time one is extended to Monday it is a dead day. It just works as it is. But yes they start Fridays.

Well, I work Sunday, and often not on Friday ...

How about Thursday night declaration and starts at midnight, is all? ...
The Hot Pepper said:
I do often post them later than I want. That is true. I can post them in the wee hours of Friday am (being still up Thursday) but I figured the post would get lost and not bumped. We'll see. Maybe I will try that this time.

That would do it, thanks.

The Hot Pepper said:

Seems from the post that I see when I login during my morning commute, that Grant is up and I am sure will be happy to bump it for you.   :lol:  :lol:

So are TDs usually scheduled for the first weekend of the month? So next Friday the 1st of May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back