contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 2 weeks behind on shipping out some seeds, and as much as a month behind on re-potting my plugs, and HAVE TO cook a pork roast since I don't have freezer space enough to store both of them ...

So, very much looking forward to seeing what folks enter into this TD ... but I can't get in on it, personally ...

I hope a lot of folks make those steamed white buns, though ... so there's lots of recipes to pilfer! =)

I think the steamed buns are my favorite Dim Sum.  I have seen them with ribs somewhere on tv.  Hope someone does that.  I am not a huge fan of traditional dumplings and even potstickers.  I think it is a texture thing.  I like them crispy!

JayT said:
I think the steamed buns are my favorite Dim Sum.  I have seen them with ribs somewhere on tv.  Hope someone does that.  I am not a huge fan of traditional dumplings and even potstickers.  I think it is a texture thing.  I like them crispy!
Fried in a wok is the only way I like them as well....

JayT said:

I wanted to make them and even brought in some amylase ... which helps make slider buns or stuff like that (prevents crust formation) ... but it's impossible this weekend, I'm afraid ...

I'm never changing my answer ...

grilled-cheese throwdown

but lots of throwdown scenarios sound fun to me ...

burger throwdown
pizza throwdown
curry throwdown
cold salad throwdown
sushi throwdown
paella throwdown
omelet throwdown
soup throwdown

In reviewing my own list, it's pretty obviously it's turned into Summer here, LOL ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back