• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pookie, any way we can do the POL tomorrow? Seeing how Friday is the hangover expected day I would like to get prepared ahead of time :) Already have the perfect drunk/hung over food in mind. 

Sounds good but then just show the PoL in the finished pic and some cooking pics. ;)

Lots of people prep but no need for PoL; pickling, smoking, some things take time. It's a given. But the TD is Friday which is when you will compose the meal, so wait till then.

I'll post it up early!

The Hot Pepper said:
Sounds good but then just show the PoL in the finished pic and some cooking pics. ;)

Lots of people prep but no need for PoL; pickling, smoking, some things take time. It's a given. But the TD is Friday which is when you will compose the meal, so wait till then.

I'll post it up early!
Ok so I can cook all day on Thursday for a meal on Friday and it is legit? 

You cook Friday Saturday or Sunday.

Thought you said prep. Some people need to smoke sausage for their gumbo etc. They make the gumbo during the TD. It's always been this way.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Well smoking is cooking unless cold smoke right? ;) I can wait until 12:01 hahahah
You can prep cook ingredients for the meal yes, as always. You have to cook the meal during the TD, as always. It's understood that some people need to prepare something as an ingredient.

I totally plan for hangovers ... have to.

The Hot Pepper said:
You can prep cook ingredients for the meal yes, as always. You have to cook the meal during the TD, as always. It's understood that some people need to prepare something as an ingredient.

He's fucking w/ you, LOL ...

cooking_is_so_jersey.jpg

Fish sticks Saturday? Enter!

I don't know about fish though hmmm lol. Gag reflex and all.

I don't know ... used to be that the only time I drank beer, was the morning after I drank tequila or vodka shots ...

My hangover remedy was so stupid, really ... go get more dehydrated at the beach ...

We'd drink Negra Modelo and ultimately have cheeseburgers, which we either made at the beach, or had at Tasty Home Cookin' or Cafe Gardens (now the Daquiri Deck) ...

Making ANYTHING besides a burger, for me, would be completely disingenuous ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back