• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Pepper said:
no-kool-aid-298x300.gif

I third a bread TD. SO MANY great bread makers here. That would be a truely epic one. I could see it going so many ways but with the bread/dough being the forefront. artichoke spinach dip bread bowls, naan, jalapeno corn bread... so many possibilities. 

I would like to see all that could be done with bread, but I'm not sure it could be the focal point of a whole entree. Usually more like an appetizer or on the side. I realize there are probably great entrees that are mostly bread, for instance, pizza, which we just did.
I kind of feel like pizza was bread. You could have used any combination dough etc. especially if you did like Rymerpt suggested and put cheese in your crust.

Their is so much you can do with bread, just a quick look at "Crust" book, Bagel, Pretzels,Blinis, Sushi Rolls, Seeded, Pain Brie, Croissants, Stollen, Brioche, Fruit bread etc....

I really like the bread idea.

I also really like the soup and sammie idea.

I'm all about soup! My crock pot and I are buddies :)

When you have two good ideas, make one. :P

Soup and sandwich, bake your own bread... but "sandwich" can be any kind... soup too...

Banh mi and pho
Po boy and gumbo
Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Burger, pita, you get the idea.

Bake and Bowl TD

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back