contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Pepper said:
oldsalty chose them all. 
Yup, but you looked.

Me? I'm trying to decide if I want the easy way or the less-easy way. Or if by mixing everything up, it won't be easy anyway. I should experiment this weekend, but I can tell you already that ain't happenin'.

The place I obtained the pork belly at wouldn't give me a slab any smaller than what they already cut up, so I'll be looking for creative ways to use whatever amount isn't used for the TD. If any seem post-worthy, I'll throw them in my sandbox.

image_thumb143.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txh5l7cQXa0

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ...

Issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ...

Itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ...

Salty's Basket:
(Peek to shop to make sure you have it all.)
  • Pork Belly (Not bacon, actual pork belly. We ask you buy raw pork belly but if all you can find is cooked or cured, that is fine, but not labeled bacon. Even Wal-Mart has pork belly products but hopefully you can get a nice cut somewhere. Asian markets have.)
  • Shrimp (Any except "prepared products", so fresh or frozen shrimp, but not fried shrimp products like popcorn shrimp, etc.)
  • Pickles (Any style of store-bought or homemade pickled cucumbers.)
  • Tater Tots (Potato gems, etc., not homemade, the point is to work from a prepared product, frozen bag or cooked, fine.)
  • Cabbage (Any one style head of cabbage, raw.)

Pookie's Mystery Ingredient:
(Readily available, peek or wait for the TD.)
  • Cheese crackers. So everyone is on the same playing field please use the cheddar/orange cracker type, found as squares, goldfish shapes, etc. Any shape will do as long as they are the well known "orange" cheese cracker. These are readily available as squares, animal shapes, try to avoid the sandwich cookies if possible, you could but would not be required to use filling.

The rules, requirements, and pantry will not be announced until the TD so do not ask. Remember this is Chopped style, so at least that part is secret. :)

Oh Boy!  THis is gonna be interesting if nothing else....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back