contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
grantmichaels said:

i've never had vienna sausages, but you know ...

Ok, I'll be honest and admit I used to love eating vienna sausages. I also liked to eat hot dogs just straight from the package, though I never liked them cooked. Can't explain any of it now, at all. But, you know, the things we'll eat as kids doesn't necessarily translate into anything we'll eat as adults. Still, I'd probably at least try one if they happened to be readily available on some table somewhere.

Ugh - I never cared for bologna, and pickle loaf was a creation of the devil. But then, is there really a difference between bologna, hot dogs, and vienna sausage?

My son has never really cared for hard-boiled eggs, but recently he decided he should eat more protein so has started eating them - whole. Says it's the only way he can handle them. My horror that he'll choke himself to death eating one that way aside, is there really a difference between oh, eating one in quarters vs. eating one whole?

And what does any of this have to do with a burger throwdown??? Maybe someone should use a whole hard-boiled egg as a stuffing? LOL

That's what I mean, a hot dog is a mini bologna. Or, that roll of bologna at the butcher is a giant hot dog lol.

Hard boiled eggs are awesome when cooked right. If you cook them wrong they taste like sulpher. You should never see a greenish ring or tint, it should be bright fluffy/soft yellow.

The correct way is start with cold water on the stove with eggs submerged leaving an inch above. Now turn on burner and bring to boil. Turn OFF heat and cover 10 minutes, then ice bath. Perfect every time!

Edit: Crap messed that up but fixed it.

Oh man when you cook them right and the inside is so soft and perfect tastes more like a soft boiled... the ice bath shocks them into the perfect state... I used to boil them 10 minutes into stinky sulpher bombs...

Also sometimes you can skip the ice, the main thing is cover 10 minutes off heat... not boil 10 min. But ice bath = win.

Yes. I follow the directions from ChefSteps or Modernist Cuisine, can't recall which it came from (now an index card) ...

A little S&P and smoked paprika and I'm fine, don't need mayo these days ...

Yeah they are $ when done right.

geeme no offense to you/your son's cooking of eggs :D

Honestly it's one of those things a lot of people do wrong and don't know... only known for like a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back