contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
full_hot-dog-4_1311110544.jpg

Re processed cheese food-

Cheese sticks have long been a staple in our home, heck in most homes with kids.... those peel-able white mozzarella sticks...used them for lots of other things requiring mozzarella cheese with no issues.  Pizza, omelette, nachos...no problems.

Recently I bought some (cheeseheads brand, I'm pretty sure) yellow and white cheese sticks.  Craving some microwave nachos and not having any other cheese around, I thought  HEY!  Just grate up some cheeseheads over chips! 

Grated Cheese-Nuked 30 seconds...nuked 30 seconds more...then another 30 seconds....I shit you not...that cheese did not melt!  1:30 in the micro should of been enough to have that stuff a puddle of bubbling goo.  Every single shred of "cheese" was still in it's shredded shape. 

salsalady said:
Grated Cheese-Nuked 30 seconds...nuked 30 seconds more...then another 30 seconds....I shit you not...that cheese did not melt!  1:30 in the micro should of been enough to have that stuff a puddle of bubbling goo.  Every single shred of "cheese" was still in it's shredded shape. 

Paneer cheese is real cheese but it won't melt. Or, at least the kind you buy in the store won't (I've never tried making it myself to know if it would melt if fresh.) Shredded, that stuff hits hot cast iron and pops into the air, but no sticking or changing shape. Though cheeseheads says they use mozz, could be something about their process that makes it more like paneer. Just guessing... not something I use or eat on a regular basis.

You know, we all like to joke about soy stuff, but I would be impressed if someone used it as an alternate for a bun. When fried, it's kind of like pork rinds in texture. (Not the same flavor, of course, by any means. But you can add flavor to it, so why not?) Ok, no one else here would probably get it (except maybe a vegetarian), so not recommended for use in the TD if you're in the showdown part. And no, I won't be using it, since I'm either going to do a dessert burger or none at all. (Burgers just aren't really my thing.) More just pondering out loud...

Yeah, yeah, let the ribbing begin! :lol:  

geeme said:
You know, we all like to joke about soy stuff, but I would be impressed if someone used it as an alternate for a bun. When fried, it's kind of like pork rinds in texture. (Not the same flavor, of course, by any means. But you can add flavor to it, so why not?) Ok, no one else here would probably get it (except maybe a vegetarian), so not recommended for use in the TD if you're in the showdown part. And no, I won't be using it, since I'm either going to do a dessert burger or none at all. (Burgers just aren't really my thing.) More just pondering out loud...

Yeah, yeah, let the ribbing begin! :lol:

No ribbing here

I too am not much of a burger person. I find fast food joints repulsive unless I am starving and have very little alternitive. A burger in a higher end place is just OK. I just usually order something else.

I did land on a really good idea, but this TD is a tough one for me.

geeme said:

YO DEEP FRIED TOFU CAN BE GOOD. Especially when you marinate it and then throw it in some tempura. 

Scoville DeVille said:

I heard American Cheese is Vegan friendly. :D
The local grocery store has some vegan cheese that tastes just like regular. I'm not full vegan yet so i still eat cheese on occasion, but i want to win a few crowns going outside the box for you all. You'll love my homemade vegan hotdogs whenever a hot dog competition comes around. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back