contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
grantmichaels said:
So glad I could lob that up (at your request) so that you could smash it ... LOL.

#Weirdo
Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha :ROFL: :ROFL:

Prizes. Meh~

I don't think adding prizes would add a gall dang thing to TD's whatsoever. There are plenty of contests, give-aways and freebies all over this place all year long. If a vendor wants to bring some attention to their product, they are free to do so with their own contest of any sort. I was reading a photography forum awhile back and they do a TD every month just like here. Every month it's a different category (B&W, Landscape, Seascape, Structures, Food etc.) and they give away stuff like mini tripods, soft camera cases, etc. Most of those people already have that stuff or don't want it. I guess my point here is that, there is a lot that goes into sending a bottle of sauce, a T-shirt or a Garlic Press, and that could detract from the TD itself. That said, I would certainly not poo-poo any vendor (or member) that wanted to step up and donate some sort of prize. I just don't think it should be "a thing", especially directly tied to the forum. Dan'O does so much here already that asking him to orchestrate prizes etc, would probably double his TD efforts and I don't want a more crabby boss. LOL

My 3¢

showin-sum-mexican-luv_zpslk6bf7xr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back