contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Pepper said:
Who's ready???

image.jpeg

Looks like JayT is.

Just checking. Anyone wanting to start I can post. Drawing it out a little. Will start officially today but figure action will start later on.

The Hot Pepper said:
Just checking. Anyone wanting to start I can post. Drawing it out a little. Will start officially today but figure action will start later on.
It would be nice to see the official rules to figure out if I'm doing anything.

No contradictory input since June 23, this is now solidified (minor changes notwithstanding).

Aug - Mexican (Tacos, puerco pibil, fish, whatever! Grilling season, Corona drinking weather.)
Sept - Pizza (Let's have the pizza TD when you can still grill a pizza if you want, and far enough away from Cheese!)
Oct - Cajun/Creole (2 polls, one for sandwich, one for entree. You can participate in only 1, or both. This should satisfy the soup/sandwich crowd with po boy and gumbo etc.)
Nov - Chinese (Traditional or American Chinese favorites.)
Dec - Cheese (Showcase cheese*, 3 polls; Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, must participate in at least 2. Great cold weather food, comfort it up with oozing cheese. "Dinner" can include typical lunch items of course. Epic TD to end the year. And of course you can PIZZA it.
*Cheese does not have to be homemade but of course you can make the cheese! If you do, you better showcase it in a meal because it's not about voting for a mozzarella ball. But props to all the cheese makers. However this would be about showcasing dishes that call for cheese and getting those cheese pull shots, waterfalls, etc.

October 12th is National Gumbo Day, and the voting poll would lapse that date (first Friday is 8th). This gives good reason to not do the Oktoberfest and go forward with Cajun/Creole which is inherently spicy as well. :)

It's nice to know where we're headed so people can prepare or even buy gadgets. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back