contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
grantmichaels said:

Nice ...

Sunday is my day, if possible ...

I've got an old roommate/friend from OOT coming to visit Saturday afternoon, and the time between now and then will be spent wrapping up this week's work and cleaning/straightening the house ...

I have to build 3x pieces of furniture tonight, once I finish working, so it's definitely going to be a good day for a second café con leche ...

Sunday, though ... Sunday I should find myself with a clean house, clean kitchen, and nothing to do ...
Nice! I have Sunday free too, but I'll probably cook on Saturday instead, because I have some friends/coworkers coming by. They are flying out on a business trip to the midwest Sunday afternoon, so Saturday will probably be the day I cook. I'm not going to get drunk and forget to take pics of the final part of the cook this time, lol!

Scoville DeVille said:
Bad news.

It's not looking good for me.

I am so swamped with work, my creativity is at about 4%, and I feel like I wrastled a dump truck.

I have been looking forward to this. :(

Taco Bell is mexican, too.....  ;)

Then again, y'all even have a Taco Bell in a 100-mile radius????

Thegreenchilemonster said:
I'm not going to get drunk and forget to take pics of the final part of the cook this time, lol!

Ah man where's the spirit? spirits? :lol:

Scoville DeVille said:
Bad news.

I am so swamped with work, my creativity is at about 4%, and I feel like I wrastled a dump truck.

4% is your normal game, so just give it a go. :rofl:

Scoville DeVille said:
Bad news.

Oh Suck It Up PRINCESS!   We all know, just like you know, that is only takes 4-5 hhwhiskeys to get the motivation going.  I have full confidence you will post something DC-worthy at the least!
:lol:

geeme said:

Taco Bell is mexican, too.....  ;)

Then again, y'all even have a Taco Bell in a 100-mile radius????

45 miles away over a 4020 foot pass, and even then it's not a real Taco Bell.  It's one of those new hybrids.... KFC/TB.   :sick:

hogleg said:

You got extra likes for the Ted & Barneys  :cheers:
Good stuff - used it just for you! ...
I couldn't squeeze in the history, story, crop pics etc, or even use the best one's - but man, it was good eats and that salsa was tits compared to my last one ...

The Hot Pepper said:
Proposed schedule

Aug - Mexican (Tacos, puerco pibil, fish, whatever! Grilling season, Corona drinking weather.)
Sept - Pizza (Let's have the pizza TD when you can still grill a pizza if you want, and far enough away from Cheese!)
Oct (or Nov?) - Cajun/Creole (2 polls, one for sandwich, one for entree. You can participate in only 1, or both. This should satisfy the soup/sandwich crowd with po boy and gumbo etc.)
Nov (or Oct?) - Chinese (Traditional or American Chinese favorites.)
Dec - Cheese (Showcase cheese*, 3 polls; Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, must participate in at least 2. Great cold weather food, comfort it up with oozing cheese. "Dinner" can include typical lunch items of course. Epic TD to end the year. And of course you can PIZZA it.
*Cheese does not have to be homemade but of course you can make the cheese! If you do, you better showcase it in a meal because it's not about voting for a mozzarella ball. But props to all the cheese makers. However this would be about showcasing dishes that call for cheese and getting those cheese pull shots, waterfalls, etc.

Thoughts?
Pizza ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back