contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
28ab0_epic-win-photos-pizza-sleeping-bag-win-1_zpsba4zzc7q.jpg

Thinking we do:

Napolitana (Margherita and Marinara only, no toppings)
Anything Goes

At first I was thinking a Neapolitan is not much to look at, but it is damn hard to get one to cook right/look nice even on the net, it's really easy to pick one apart in pics, so it is a good category for pizza skill (and not being swayed by toppings).

Then Anything Goes, self explanatory. Round, square, deep, toppings, whatev.

Figure if 2 people make a dessert pie, then add Dessert cat. If only 1, then in the above.

Who is IN? Let's drum up interest this can be epic for sure. I expect Jay, bum, TC, Grant, geeme, JHP, hope for PIC 1, essegi, anyone with a stone, or kettle pizza... BOOMA... with his wfo...

You can enter Nap and AG, as well as enter one Des. So you can enter 3 times potentially.

Make your own dough, sauce. Can buy cheese. :)

Just step up and make dough lol. It's part of making pizza so yeah, not caving on that one. You caught me off guard.

It's stepping up to feed a starter? woohoo ...

All of the key aspects to dough have to do with shaping it and launching the pie in my opinion, but that's fine ... might as well have the opportunity to add the diastatic malt, I guess ...

The Hot Pepper said:
Who is IN? Let's drum up interest this can be epic for sure. I expect Jay, bum, TC, Grant, geeme, JHP, hope for PIC 1, essegi, anyone with a stone, or kettle pizza... BOOMA... with his wfo...

Who the What? If you knew how infrequently I make pizza, you would definitely not have that expectation. I think the last time I made pizza was for a TD.... two years ago?
My attempts at a "real" pizza, then, are  :lol:.  

Ok, I might make a dessert pizza. We'll see. At least it's a long weekend and all the pools I can reasonably swim in are closed for the holiday and I don't have another meet until October 1, so a better chance exists than otherwise. 

And I still get stuck on whether it's "dessert" or "desert." Seems to me the spelling is backwards from how it should be. But then, "weird" doesn't follow the "i before e, except after c" rule, either. I should just start start spelling things how I think they should be spelled and start a blog about it. I am sure plenty of people would agree with most of my spellings....  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back