contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
     Dessert is so good, the "s" always comes back for seconds. And always remember to purposefully add an apo'strophe before every '"s". Unle's's its po's'se's'sive or a contraction. 
     Its fucking 10 am. How am I drunk already? I'm not even drinking.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Dessert is so good, the "s" always comes back for seconds. And always remember to purposefully add an apo'strophe before every '"s". Unle's's its po's'se's'sive or a contraction. 
     Its f**king 10 am. How am I drunk already? I'm not even drinking.

You forgot to double-space and use all-caps. THEN you would be drunkft! LOL

The Hot Pepper said:
Thinking we do:

Napolitana (Margherita and Marinara only, no toppings)
Anything Goes

At first I was thinking a Neapolitan is not much to look at, but it is damn hard to get one to cook right/look nice even on the net, it's really easy to pick one apart in pics, so it is a good category for pizza skill (and not being swayed by toppings).

Then Anything Goes, self explanatory. Round, square, deep, toppings, whatev.

Figure if 2 people make a dessert pie, then add Dessert cat. If only 1, then in the above.

How close to the original will this have to be? Not sure I can get specifically San Marzano tomatoes. And of course would be hard to make them spicy if you stuck to the original 100%.

DaQatz said:

How close to the original will this have to be? Not sure I can get specifically San Marzano tomatoes. And of course would be hard to make them spicy if you stuck to the original 100%.

You can get them canned at every grocery, but we're not going around certifying pizzerias so if you can't use then plum variety would work of course.

And it's perfectly acceptable to spice a pizza after it comes out of the oven, every pizzeria has crushed pepper even the certified ones. For this comp it would be acceptable to spice during cooking.

Basically make a marg or marinara, no toppings, or if that is too restricting go for AG. :)

geeme said:
Who the What? If you knew how infrequently I make pizza, you would definitely not have that expectation.

Well I mentioned your name, and now you may enter so... :evil laugh: it worked.

And I pegged you for dessert already.

I'm in!

default_recipe_lrg_7313001257.jpg

Pizza. Doh!

Why you lil....SOUNDCLASH, REGGAE THREAD NOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!! bumba be steppin razor n'shiiiit

LAWDAMERCY!!!!  :high:

I'll probably make something up. For sure a dessert. That death by chocolate I made last time was awesome. I need to make another one of those. I'll go for something different though this time around.

Has there been any mention of the categories this time around?

The Hot Pepper said:

Well I mentioned your name, and now you may enter so... :evil laugh: it worked.

And I pegged you for dessert already.

LOL. I discovered what I am going to do today, assuming I don't end up going out of town in such a manner that precludes participation. :evil laugh: ha! Let's just say you will and won't be surprised...  :cool:

JayT said:
If I am going in, I am going after the prize with the main event.  I have san marzanos, buffalo mozz, and a BGE.  I will give it my best shot.

Give it hell, man!
I might get into it next weekend since it looks like I can have the time off from working ...

But ... because I'm feeling guilty about not having performed my brewery build and/or brewing, I might just make a pie or two access-road style for fun, and leave the go-for-broke pie race to all of ya'll ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back