contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that one hahahaha

E3r6b-1.png

Hoping I can pull this one off. Have a wedding to go to Friday night then a swim meet Sat & Sun an hour and a half away.

I may just get home each night after the meets and drink and go to sleep. We shall see. Should be some great stuff entered though.

This Friday, The Hot Pepper presents Soup and Sandwich...

This is a single poll, combo entry contest. Cohesiveness and complementary flavors are key.

Let's define soup
For the purposes of this competition, any soup/stew/chili you eat with a spoon in a cup or bowl. For example a gumbo may be considered a soup or a stew. But here the gumbo would be in a bowl, not on rice. You want rice on top or mixed in, and it's in a bowl? Soup. You want it over rice on a plate? Not soup. Many Asian soups are eaten with chopsticks and by tipping the bowl, of course this is allowed if you could also eat it with a spoon and it is soup. Curries are debatable, so lean towards the soup side, not the stew side, and follow the above (ex: thin brothy curries eaten with spoon in a bowl).

Let's define sandwich
Any hand food served between bread, or, an open-faced sandwich on bread. This includes traditional sandwiches as well as: heroes, burgers, dogs, pitas, and wraps, and only flour tortillas if a wrap, not a burrito or taco. (I know that is borderline, and you could do a Mexican wrap, but for this contest, burritos and tacos are not sandwiches. So make sure the wrap is considered a sandwich, and it must be handheld.)

All sandwiches will need to but cut down the middle to show layers and you may serve half or full sandwich. If this affects your presentation you can also include pre-cut.

This is all about the combo of soup and sandwich. They can be on one plate with the bowl on the plate or on separate plates, but you must design them as if they are served at the same time at a restaurant, not in courses. Many places serve the combo, or half sandwich and cup combo so that is what you are aiming for, even if you decide to serve full portions.

Begins Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back