contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying it doesn't exist here, because I know that it does ...

But ...

Soup and salad is a much more common pairing here in Florida, perhaps because for the most part we lack changing seasons, LOL ...

What I thought would turn into a reason to skip it, actually become a curiosity - so here we are ...

Common a lot is the, order a whole sandwich, or get half a sandwich, and a soup same price. Also there's the classic grilled cheese and tomato, which means dunking.... mmmmm.

Yes, I'm familiar with it ... half-sammie and cup of soup instead of full sammie or bowl of soup ...

For whatever reason, it hasn't been something I've ordered while eating out ...

The only soup and sandwich I've ever made at home, or had that was made at home for me, was grilled cheese and tomato soup ...

I just flew back from Patagonia with Wild Cutthroat that I'm gonna smoke for a bagels and lox. For the soup I've ordered black truffle from the south side of Peru. Not sure if I'll use the foie gras or just go with spam for the soup.

PHUCK IT! I'm making what I would want to eat.

I'm using stuff I already have on hand and it's gonna ROCK!

Thinking deconstructed soup would be a neat idea... like how spilt pea is often with ham and croutons... a split pea, but country ham on garlic toast sandwich, for dipping, sort of thing... together, they make the common soup ingredients (a simple example, someone could run with a more complicated one).

Or the other way around ohhhhhhhhhh

hahahaha

I've had a French onion soup sandwich before. Was pretty good. 

Hasenpfeffer sandwich and cream of carrot soup OR

Chicken salad Sammie and egg drop soup OR

Microwave melted ice cream soup and an ice cream sandwich.

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMMM

grantmichaels said:
I'm not saying it doesn't exist here, because I know that it does ...

But ...

Soup and salad is a much more common pairing here in Florida, perhaps because for the most part we lack changing seasons, LOL ...

What I thought would turn into a reason to skip it, actually become a curiosity - so here we are ...
Chowder and a Caesar salad sounds good.

Rymerpt said:
Hasenpfeffer sandwich and cream of carrot soup OR

Chicken salad Sammie and egg drop soup OR

Microwave melted ice cream soup and an ice cream sandwich.

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMMM
Havent had Hasenpfeffer since the late Seventies

The Hot Pepper said:
Thinking deconstructed soup would be a neat idea... like how spilt pea is often with ham and croutons... a split pea, but country ham on garlic toast sandwich, for dipping, sort of thing... together, they make the common soup ingredients (a simple example, someone could run with a more complicated one).
Stole that from me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back