contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not in my plans, so i was going to just leave it be - but the curry thing baffles me ...

It's okay, so long as it's steered in the same way as gumbo though, right? ...

For instance, kaeng kari comes to mind ...

Curry I get from Thai restaurants seems legit, but curry I'd get from Indian seems a bit off-track ... again, like the gumbo, being designed to be laded over rice ...

Curry is ruled out - like burritos/tacos - or just cautioned to be served leaning towards a soup? ...
PS - this is my only question, LOL ...

I threw curry in there as figured someone may ask, as in jungle curry, a thin vegetable broth curry served in Northern Thailand, eaten with a spoon. A bowl of that and an Asian sammie, would be tight! Thick stews on the plate, no. That's what I meant. :)

jungle_curry.jpg

jungle_curry2.jpg

grantmichaels said:
Curry is ruled out - like burritos/tacos - or just cautioned to be served leaning towards a soup? ...

Leaning towards soup, and in bowl, eaten with spoon etc. is what I meant by "follow the above."

I can tighten up language later too but as far as adding more variables (per Grass Snake etc.), we can sit here and list all day then it becomes too bloated, and it has to at some point be up to you and the voter. ;)

Works for me ...

I enjoy some 'kurrr-eh' soup, even thin one's with coconut milk ...

At a certain point it wants to be ladled over rice, though ...

it needs to remain thinner than that ... for this. okay ...

Some places you do get gumbo in a soup cup, I've even had it at take-out soup places. Chili, too. Some curries are eaten as soup like I posted, so for those that know about them or want to research it, it's worth including for sure. Curry is always ambiguous even when doing the curry TD! For this, it's brothy and eaten like a soup. I think some may even consider Pho a "curry." Not sure on that. But it's covered anyway.

Hurricane has canceled classes these next 2 days. I'd love to enter, I have some frozen lobster tails and stock. Lobster bisque + lobster rolls would be the menu, but I'm afraid my power might be knocked out this weekend. Can i start early if i choose to? lol

BigB said:
Hurricane has canceled classes these next 2 days. I'd love to enter, I have some frozen lobster tails and stock. Lobster bisque + lobster rolls would be the menu, but I'm afraid my power might be knocked out this weekend. Can i start early if i choose to? lol
haha yeah how about early entries for we hurry cane folk

Sounds good. I'm going TOTALLY Low-Tech if I can enter ...

This storm's causing me some work-related BS in terms of timelines and duties, but I think I factored them out by working overnight ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back