contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese take-out joints have always cooked what they think Americans want to eat, and call it Chinese. Nothing exists there from the take-out joints really. They probably have "American" restaurants there that serve all our Chinese food. :lol:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have so many ideas for what I am not going to cook! 

Best for me was Vancouver, over 50% Chinese.  
hahahaha i Love Vancouver had many good time's there. Great people clean city fantastic food and some of the Best skiing :)

The Hot Pepper said:
Chinese take-out joints have always cooked what they think Americans want to eat, and call it Chinese. Nothing exists there from the take-out joints really. They probably have "American" restaurants there that serve all our Chinese food. :lol:
Growing up my One of my best friend's was from China.  His parents owned an amazing rest with the usual but had this sizzling rice soup with shrimp made me cry. 
I spent many holidays traveling with there family to NY China Town. Amazing traditional food no American stuff. haha Some of it used to freak me out but i was raised to try everything and to always be polite. Has made for many culinary delights good and bad but i wouldn't change a one  :)  

We can do a Dim Sum and a regular category, where you can post a traditional or take-out style meal, it would be neat to see "take-out" presentation if someone were to go that far... :)

How is that idea? Dim Sum (traditional), and Meal (any region, traditional or American-Chinese)

The Hot Pepper said:
We can do a Dim Sum and a regular category, where you can post a traditional or take-out style meal, it would be neat to see "take-out" presentation if someone were to go that far... :)

How is that idea? Dim Sum (traditional), and Meal (any region, traditional or American-Chinese)
OOOHHH Love Dim Sum think that one ROCKS Love Love Love it. So many amazing chefs here should be EPIC.   :)

I had myself COMPLETELY coached up on Chinese ...

I'd read and watched hours of things ...

There's a good chance I've emailed myself links (breadcrumb trail to holy lands), but they're probably obfuscated by the endless troves of crap I email myself in my online travels ...

Not that it matters ... I usually just do whatever I want when the time comes, anyways, regardless ...

grantmichaels said:
I had myself COMPLETELY coached up on Chinese ...

I'd read and watched hours of things ...

There's a good chance I've emailed myself links (breadcrumb trail to holy lands), but they're probably obfuscated by the endless troves of crap I email myself in my online travels ...

Not that it matters ... I usually just do whatever I want when the time comes, anyways, regardless ...
No worries brother you always kill it anyway's. I'm the same have 3000 emails of recipes to wallow through haha

The dim sum didn't get much response except Salty LOL. New thought:

2 categories

Traditional Chinese (You would need to make sure this is a dish made in China traditionally. Dim sum still fits here. Find something new, like Grant did with Pepper Pot.)
Take-out Chinese (You would reproduce Chinese-take out food a la American Chinese, Canadian, or wherever the dish originates from, except China. General Tso's Chicken etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back