contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!! HEY!!! I don't know what da haeel this lil' knitting circle has gotten up to???

But Pizza is Italian! Thats why its called fricken pizza Gaht dammit! And it comes from Brooklyn, OK?? Thats where da frick its from!!
And you gotta problem wit that? You can taste the back of "Tommy' two times" hand..........TWICE!!

hogleg said:
Hey!! HEY!!! I don't know what da haeel this lil' knitting circle has gotten up to???

But Pizza is Italian! Thats why its called fricken pizza Gaht dammit! And it comes from Brooklyn, OK?? Thats where da frick its from!!
And you gotta problem wit that? You can taste the back of "Tommy' two times" hand..........TWICE!!
Only thing from America is SPAM and we gave that to the Hawaiians. 

hogleg said:

YEAH You MUGS better recognize or me an hogleg are gonna wreck this place See.
Gangster1.jpg

November is Chinese!

chinese_throwdown.jpg

November will feature a head-to-head battle! These have proven popular, and for this one we've chosen 5 Chinese favorites so they are easily relatable. There will also be an Anything Goes category where you can make anything Chinese, traditional or take-out style.

10 contenders have entered the arena and there is 0 conflict after allotment of battles.

Here's are the battles for the Chinese TD, Nov 4-7!

Chicken: General Tso's Chicken -  D3monic vs. Student of Spice
Pork: Sweet & Sour Pork* - charlesquik vs. SmokenFire
Beef: Mongolian Beef - grantmichaels vs. Ozzy2001
Seafood: Shrimp Lo/Chow Mein - tctenten vs. Grass Snake
Any: One Chinese Soup, One Egg/Spring Roll, One Fried Rice - BigB vs. t0mato
*This is the battered "American" version.
This is not about fusion or luxury ingredients etc., this is about nailing the take-out classic in a head-to-head, best you can. Recipe, execution, presentation, and photography will all come into play.

ANYONE can enter the Anything Goes portion of the Throwdown. Even battle participants.

Battlers, as you know this is basically a "clone" competition for what we know as Chinese food. One would not find black truffles, but quality ingredients are of course not discouraged. The idea is knocking it outta the park with recipe, execution, presentation, and photography best you can, mimicking Chinese take-out on the plate or even in containers etc. if you wish to up presentation. If you have any questions, you can PM me or group PM me with your participant so everyone is on the same page with each battle. If you wish not to give away secrets, PM me only. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back