contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Pepper said:
The dim sum didn't get much response except Salty LOL. New thought:

2 categories

Traditional Chinese (You would need to make sure this is a dish made in China traditionally. Dim sum still fits here. Find something new, like Grant did with Pepper Pot.)
Take-out Chinese (You would reproduce Chinese-take out food a la American Chinese, Canadian, or wherever the dish originates from, except China. General Tso's Chicken etc.).
tumblr_m7qeueoX9r1r7bmylo1_500.jpg

I love the updated version ...

Each presents challenges, as it can be hard to emulate the final take-out qualities using home-scale equipment ...

Authentic offers flexibility there, but limits how far afield you can take recipe/ingredients ...

I like it, and would potentially take a crack at both and make a weekend of it ...

Lastly, I'll join in chorus with D3 (again) in desiring Fri -> Mon too, if possible! ...

It's a busy time of year ...

Its funny, I spent a number of years learning how to duplicate General Tso's chicken about 15 years ago and since then have been able to buy the sauce in stores and watch local "Chinese" restaurants throw chicken in a deep fryer and then into a wok with the sauce.  That should be easy to dupicate!

I've missed many in the past similarly ...

Sunday is the most important day of work for me ...

If I found myself exhausted, and consequently lazy on Saturday - I was out!

With a huge effort Sunday, I can always make a free half of any Monday ...

I like it.

Before people asked to start early on Friday so I'd open them at midnight just turning Friday, and it was dead, and the post got lost by the am. Fridays can be hard too so yeah sure, Monday is the new extension day.

D3monic said:
This makes me happy, I work fri-sun every other weekend so have been limited on TD I could enter. Roll of dice if it fell on my weekend off. With mondays I'd be able to enter regardless

Just give me a massage. Wait, I owe Jay a massage. Now you owe Jay a massage.

YISS!!!!!! I'M FREE!

Reminds me i'm out of gloves. Need to prime a box here pronto got pods in the dehydrator. 

Jay T, do you prefer blue or purple nitrile gloves? 

Sorry black isn't an option they don't fit.  :rofl:

JayT said:
Its funny, I spent a number of years learning how to duplicate General Tso's chicken about 15 years ago and since then have been able to buy the sauce in stores and watch local "Chinese" restaurants throw chicken in a deep fryer and then into a wok with the sauce.  That should be easy to dupicate!

Chelsea and I made our own orange chicken a while back.  It was better than anything that I ever had in a restaurant.  I'll make it again some time and show pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back