contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teriyaki is Japanese, horse I've had, in Italy. As a burger. Thought is was beef, tasted gamey, asked about it... was horse.

t0mato said:
I had horse for the first time at a hole in the wall in Tokyo.  I thought it tasted very mild and clean, and not bloody like beef.
                                                                                                                                         ^^^^^^^^^ What the....??? 

Moving along.....  ;)

IMG_6563.jpg

Coming soon.

Due to injury D3monic will be filling the available slot in General Tso's.

The Hot Pepper said:
November is Chinese!

attachicon.gif
chinese_throwdown.jpg

November will feature a head-to-head battle! These have proven popular, and for this one we've chosen 5 Chinese favorites so they are easily relatable. There will also be an Anything Goes category where you can make anything Chinese, traditional or take-out style.

10 contenders have entered the arena and there is 0 conflict after allotment of battles.

Here's are the battles for the Chinese TD, Nov 4-7!

Chicken: General Tso's Chicken -  D3monic vs. Student of Spice
Pork: Sweet & Sour Pork* - charlesquik vs. SmokenFire
Beef: Mongolian Beef - grantmichaels vs. Ozzy2001
Seafood: Shrimp Lo/Chow Mein - tctenten vs. Grass Snake
Any: One Chinese Soup, One Egg/Spring Roll, One Fried Rice - BigB vs. t0mato
*This is the battered "American" version.
This is not about fusion or luxury ingredients etc., this is about nailing the take-out classic in a head-to-head, best you can. Recipe, execution, presentation, and photography will all come into play.

ANYONE can enter the Anything Goes portion of the Throwdown. Even battle participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back