• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
texas blues said:
Just make it thin and work your magic.

You got this.
Good chance to learn how to make piadine. I've read some recipes and it's not difficult. Easier than pizza (at least there's not the hours consuming rising in the process).

Paidine looks awesome! Used to be made in clay ovens, sounds like naan. Do it!

Oh well, i suppose i must... Just bought lard (strutto), just to be sure to lose tb vote, tonight or tomorrow i'll try a shot (and spam general taco thread).
I've seen a toritlla recipe and is exacltly the same (apart baking powder whathever that is instead of some baking soda that it's not mandatory). Funny thing.
Then usual toppings are completely different (prosciutto of Parma, Squacquerone and aruola are classic for example...).
Thinking about making this with pepper powder in dough...

Essegi- Mole (There should be a dash '  over the -e-  but I don't know how to do that..) pronounced moh-lay...is a Mexican/Hispanic dish.  just to give you some time to JayT (research) it.  The TD is a play on Mexican holiday Cinco De Mayo (5th of May) to "Cinco de Mole' ".     

Flat bread is gonna be FUN!  just getting some ideas percolating.

Actually there is no accent and no "lay" sound in mole. Just FYI. Americans did that.

MOH/leh (like mow the lawn, and let me in without the t)

:D

And there is no tilde on the n in habanero!!!!!! It's not haban YARE o. Noooooo!!!!!!!!! (pet peave)

-leh or -lay?

'kay, I'm officially blaming my mispronunciation of mole on Scovie.   But I did think there was a tilde over the E.  Never done the ha-ban-yere-o  though...

and just to be clear...chipotle is pronounced chi-poh-toh-lay...right?  :rolleyes:  (being facetious about that one....[bobby flay pronunciation] )

Back To Breads!!! Flat breads , that is......

Lay pronunciation is acceptable but there is definitely no accent over the e. It's mole not molé. And it's more of a leh but if you say that fast it can sound like lay, so some people really lay the lay (haha) on thick.

Haha, chi pote el lay. 4 syllables. NOPE!

Boobie Filet!

For Essegi's benefit....  the dish that we're talking about is not pronounced one syllable "mohl" as in mole the rodent.  It's 2 syllable moh-leh, a culinary dish.  But that's for next month.  :)

Back to the TD- It's been years since we've had a flat bread type thing.  Grilled or on a griddle....Oh MAN..... I'm jonesing now...

Essegi? Who's that?

Don't get me started on Italian I hear them add the E sound at the end of some words, and other Italians don't.

Manicotti
Pronounced:
Manicot
Or if you're a real NYer
Manigort
or
Rigortta cheese!

Plah! Crazy NY Italians.

Moot za rell!
Gannoli for dessert? Mafia for canoli. The get lazy with the c.

Essigi how do you pronounce:
Manicotti
Ricotta
Mozzarella
Cannoli
Fettuccine

As with anywhere, Mexico, Italy, here, there are regional accents.

Back to flatbread!

My carb counts are gonna be through the roof on this one. 

especially if I include some fet-ah-seee-neee pasta!

:duckandrun:

For the record. (I feel the need)

Pātróñ is right. Technically it's... Mole. I usually type " Molé " so the unfortunates don't think I am eating a rodent.

The é makes it look fancier.

I have a couple questions for the next TD... But for now, throw your FLATBREAD ON THE GROUND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ&sns=em

I aint gonna be part of your SYSTEM!!!!!

salsalady said:
-leh or -lay?

'kay, I'm officially blaming my mispronunciation of mole on Scovie.   But I did think there was a tilde over the E.  Never done the ha-ban-yere-o  though...

and just to be clear...chipotle is pronounced chi-poh-toh-lay...right?  :rolleyes:  (being facetious about that one....[bobby flay pronunciation] )

Back To Breads!!! Flat breads , that is......

Molay? :D

The Hot Pepper said:
Essigi how do you pronounce:
Manicotti
Ricotta
Mozzarella
Cannoli
Fettuccine
For me, as it is wirtten, no strange pronounce (only misunderstabel thiing: "cci" in fettuccine. c is like ch in cherry .. .)Cannoli with 2 n. :D

Later other experiment with flatbread (i wanted to use that for td, but seems i am unable to wait that time  :D).

Scoville DeVille said:
Technically it's... Mole. I usually type " Molé " so the unfortunates don't think I am eating a rodent.
I already knew that's why you did it. But you realize that accents the second syllable, right? It makes it mo LAY! Like olé! That's cool though. People should always shout molé!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back