contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essegi might be out.

Booma's wood oven is out.

WTF????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha really? That will be really interesting.

grantmichaels said:
A programming mentor and all around killer guy left it all behind this Thanksgiving. I think I'll be around Sunday, though, and I should have a fauxmado grill ...

The plan *WAS* pie so hard.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ezra-zygmuntowicz-memorial-fund-for-his-son-ryland#home

Major bummer.
Sorry to hear that!

The Hot Pepper said:
Gonna be pies.
So... Stromoboli and calzoni are ok? Flying disc? Volcano pizza?
They are no less pizza than majority of other pizzas.
You know, i'm not used to call "pie" a pizza. :D

The Hot Pepper said:
Essegi might be out.

Booma's wood oven is out.

WTF????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's all your fault! And now i'm hating you because you haven't posted the details (no, the real reason is that i must hurry on the lunch on sunday for that, i fear to skip the cake... If that's not dedication... :D). So today i bought the needed stuff for a sweet pizza and for a more classic.
If it turns out that nothing is needed i'll send you the bill! :party:

Essegi said:
So... Stromoboli and calzoni are ok? Flying disc? Volcano pizza?
They are no less pizza than majority of other pizzas.
You know, i'm not used to call "pie" a pizza. :D

It's all your fault! And now i'm hating you because you haven't posted the details (no, the real reason is that i must hurry on the lunck on sunday for that). So today i bought the needed stuff for a sweet pizza and for a more classic.
If it turns out that nothing is needed i'll send you the bill! :party:

Stromboli and calzone NO!

Pizza pie! It can be a deep dish stuffed aka covered pie. But not a stromboli or calzone, that is not pizza.

Categories will be posted as soon as I figure them out but you will be able to post traditional, unique, or dessert pies.

Glad you are in.

PS. I think volcano pizza counts as a stuffed pizza. I remember you posting that. If it's as I remember, basically a covered pie that erupts with sauce and cheese. Mmmm.

:)

The Hot Pepper said:
Stromboli and calzone NO!

Pizza pie! It can be a deep dish stuffed aka covered pie. But not a stromboli or calzone, that is not pizza.

Categories will be posted as soon as I figure them out but you will be able to post traditional, unique, or dessert pies.

Glad you are in.

PS. I think volcano pizza counts as a stuffed pizza. I remember you posting that. If it's as I remember, basically a covered pie that erupts with sauce and cheese. Mmmm.

:)
It's a bit arguable for calzone, but since i'm not interested in making it... :P
In volcano you need to cover a pizza with a second disk of dough. Same for flying disc, but this is more flat (top disc is flat opposing to volcano).

I KNOW calzone is folded pizza, but it is called a calzone because it is not a pizza anymore.

It will be clarified don't worry!

I mean essentially a hot dog is a sandwich but one would not (normally) consider it in a sandwich TD. Don't worry I know what I'm doing. :P

All one needs is a nice cover-all term, like "deconstructed" ...

It's a taco-tastic, Italian-Mexican Fusion Pie ...

LOL ...
I was going to DQ the stromboli for requiring a square crust, but then I realized it just needs to be spun as a roulade of Sicilian pie.

I'm just kidding, really ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back