• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2015

Today launches The Pacific Northwest GLOG 2015, geared towards growers from this region.  Since there appears to be disagreement on what states, and areas, actually comprise the Pacific Northwest, I will use a broad definition, in order to include more growers.  If anyone thinks the definition could be even more broad, it can always be changed.  Come one, come all.

Oregon
Washington
Alaska
Northern California
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
British Columbia

I am from the Rogue Valley, in southern Oregon, so, I will begin with a couple of shots from my yard, which over looks the Rogue River.

It's still December 2014, but I've been busy putting together my grow list for the 2015 PNW season.  My seeds will be planted around the second to third week of this month.  I'm cutting a bit back from last season, so, here's my modest grow-list to kick things off for the 2015 season.

POTS  

GIANT 7-POT YELLOW-2
BHUT PURPLE-1
CUMARI DO PARA-1
PIMENTA LEOPARD-1
SCORP CHOC-1
TRIN CONGO RED-2
TRIN CONGO BLACK-2
REAPER-1
ROCOTO-1
MORUGA BROWN-1
7-POT CHAGUANA-1
NAGA-BRAIN-1

ORNAMENTAL

FILIUS BLUE-1
NUMEX EASTER-1

RAISED BEDS

HAB GOLD BULLET-2
HAB WHITE-2
HAB CAR RED-2
RED SAVINA-2
HAB ST LUCIA-2
HAB CHOC HANDGRENADE-2
SB7J-2
SCOTCH BONNET MOA-4
SCOTCH BONNET FARIAH-4
BAHAMIAN GOAT-3
JAMAICAN MUSHROOM-1
TRINIDAD BEAN GOLD-1
SCORPION TONGUE-1
AJI CACHO DE CABRA-1
AJI TEAPOT-1
AJI PINEAPPLE-3
AJI COLORADO-1
AJI OMNICOLOR-1
JAL CRACKED-4
JAL (PEPPER GURU)-4
JALAMUNDO-2
PEPPADEW-1
CHERRY BOMB-2
NARDELLO-2
SILING BILONG-2
BIG JIM WORLD RECORD-1
CHILACA-1
FRESNOS-5
MA WIRI WIRI-1

Devv said:
Don't feel like the lone ranger for some varieties not popping. I'm on my second round for about 15 varieties; this is their last chance. Or it will be too late for them to do anything :shh:

Hey Scott, I'm happy the Isabela/Galapagos Island Hab sprouted for you.  Good luck with the rest.

I only sewed 5 new chinenses today:  No mas.

Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Scorpion Mustard
Morouga
7-Pot Jonah

On Dec. 14, I sewed the chinense seeds, and today, roots are coming out the bottoms of the Solo cups in about 12 plants.  They all look like these two examples below.  Good root growth for barely over 1 month.  And, all were top watered!  Frankly, I think the arguments claiming bottom watering to be superior, are based on assertions that are mostly dubious.

Fariah.

MOA.

Group shots.

Looking good there Jim! Here's a couple of pics I took this morning.
20150120_0830591.jpg

20150120_0830511.jpg

The Orange BHuts and Red Fatalii are growing like crazy.

Planted on 12/13/14 They started hooking on 12/20/14. They are at a month at the moment. I have not looked at roots since I transplanted from the sponges I started them in to the 6" pots. I let the roots do their own thing. The less I disturb them the better. Getting ready to folar spray them this week with some Biomin Calcium Soluble Powder. That should really boost the growth. They are avg between 4" and 6" in height. Stems are at .25 Have fans running at Hurricane force (high) to strengthen the stems even more so. They like getting water about every 8 to 9 days at the moment. I 'll have to get me a soil thermometer to check soil temps. They seem to be loving the heating mats they are on. Currently running temps at 74 with humidity at around 34. Ambient Temps is constant with just heating mats.

Biomin I have not used before but is what I'm using as a substitute for calcium 25. I've used calcium 25 in the past with great results but its pricing is thru the roof!  I have not put them under the 600's yet. Still running them under my 2 cheap walmarl shop lights. All my 600's had to have new bulbs. The 600 bulbs are expensive. Ordered 2 and they came in broken which really sucked! Waiting to  get the refund so I can purchase them locally which is about another 50 bucks more. By next week I'll have them running one way or another. When I get ready to spray I'll do a side by side with 2 of plants and post pics of before and after of sprayed and unsprayed.

Looks Like I'm starting my second batch tomorrow. Got some wonderful gifts in the mail today.
Next batch to go..
From Mojo Peppers
Pink Tiger
Mojo Big Brown
BBG7 Mamp
Mojo Scoundrel
C.F. Mojo Bxn
Red Mojo Bxn
Rouge Noir
Mojo Blackie
7 pot Yellow

From Transient Exuberance
Naga Morich
CGN 21500
(3 more varieties will be started later)\

From Jungle Rain
Prik Luang (starting this one early. Cant find info on it for growing.)

From jcw10tc
Choc Bhut
Moruga Brown
Devils Tounge Yellow
Devils Tounge Choc
CGN 25166

We're ready for weedguard!  Graded the whole area yesterday, may run a vibraplate over it to even it out a bit.  Running a bit behind on irrigation, but once irrigation and weedguard are in, we'll be picking up a yard and a half of North County Bounty.  Seeds will be started in about 2-4 weeks.

IpltC1g.jpg

The starts this year are really taking off. Cant believe they are around 33 days.
Used my hand for ref..
One of the Bhut's
20150122_1529541.jpg

Fatalii
20150122_1529321.jpg

Kinda got a little rough with it watering and tore a chunk out of the leaf moving em around. Oh well, it will survive.

organic pepper said:
The starts this year are really taking off. Cant believe they are around 33 days.
Used my hand for ref..
One of the Bhut's
attachicon.gif
20150122_1529541.jpg
Fatalii
attachicon.gif
20150122_1529321.jpg
Kinda got a little rough with it watering and tore a chunk out of the leaf moving em around. Oh well, it will survive.
Wow, those are freaks! i'm going to have to go back and look at your fert regimen.

EDIT: Okay, I went back a page to discover you're not fertilizing at all yet! Have you even used any EWCs? Freakish growth!"

I guess I am behind on starting my peppers this year.  I ordered some seeds from John Ford's Fiery Foods last weekend and have not heard a word from them yet so I emailed them tonight asking about shipping information.  I am keeping my pepper growing way shorter than anyone elses on here this year.  

My current list:

Carolina Reapers (I have friends that like really hot peppers)
Scorpion Kraken
Aji Banana
Habanero's for salsa/pico
Jalapeno's for pickling

I wanted this pepper but they were out of stock:

Pimente de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia f6
Description:

Pimente De Neyde x Bhut Jolokia is a f6 Hybrid and is almost stable. This plant is amazing and beautiful to grow, leafs are green and purple, pods ripen from black, dark purple and then finally ripening to pink-ish light purple. Not Extremely hot but has hints of the Bhut jolokia aroma and flavor and tones of the Pimente De Neyde.

This pepper just sounds good to me.

Can anyone list where they order their seeds from?  I would be interested in finding some new sources.

Dave

That bhut-cross is called a Pimenta Leopard, and, I have one started. I will give out seeds at the end of the season.

As for seed vendors, pepperlover.com is reliable, and a member here at THP. For all things related to Mexican chiles, midwestchileheads.com is the one I buy from, and, John is also a member here.

LowDrag said:
I guess I am behind on starting my peppers this year.  I ordered some seeds from John Ford's Fiery Foods last weekend and have not heard a word from them yet so I emailed them tonight asking about shipping information.  I am keeping my pepper growing way shorter than anyone elses on here this year.  

My current list:

Carolina Reapers (I have friends that like really hot peppers)
Scorpion Kraken
Aji Banana
Habanero's for salsa/pico
Jalapeno's for pickling

I wanted this pepper but they were out of stock:

Pimente de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia f6
Description:

Pimente De Neyde x Bhut Jolokia is a f6 Hybrid and is almost stable. This plant is amazing and beautiful to grow, leafs are green and purple, pods ripen from black, dark purple and then finally ripening to pink-ish light purple. Not Extremely hot but has hints of the Bhut jolokia aroma and flavor and tones of the Pimente De Neyde.

This pepper just sounds good to me.

Can anyone list where they order their seeds from?  I would be interested in finding some new sources.

Dave
F6.... Wow! Sure would like to see how them babies come out.  Pepperlovers has solid stock. I have been ordering though out the globe depending on variety and such. As Jim mentioned, Midwestchilieheads are another great source. That's where I'm getting my ornamental's from. Mojo peppers was prompt on service ordering thru him. Have yet to plant his stock though. That will happen next month. The hippy seed company I'm still awaiting thier order. That was one of the first one to go out but I'm looking at that as an iffy.. Its been a month and so far every thing else I have ordered from aus.. has come in. I kinda went world wide just to see what was on the up and up... Hey Jim, can you keep us posted on that Pimenta Lepard. That sound just awesome!

Roguejim said:
That bhut-cross is called a Pimenta Leopard, and, I have one started. I will give out seeds at the end of the season.

As for seed vendors, pepperlover.com is reliable, and a member here at THP. For all things related to Mexican chiles, midwestchileheads.com is the one I buy from, and, John is also a member here.

John?

Roguejim said:
Wow, those are freaks! i'm going to have to go back and look at your fert regimen.

EDIT: Okay, I went back a page to discover you're not fertilizing at all yet! Have you even used any EWCs? Freakish growth!"
Hey Jim, I have not done anything to them yet. I was thinking about doing something but just waiting for them to let me know when and what they want or need. I'm thinking it's the new planting medium I'm using. I still got them under the same cheap walmart lights using 4200K bulbs. Stem size has increased from .25 to .375 in the last couple of days. I'll just have to keep an eye on them for the time being. Cheers Pal!

Aaron

LowDrag said:

John?
John is the owner of midwesthchileheads.

Back