food The Spicy Meatless Thread... (ya I went there)

I like meat, but my dad has a heart condition and a uric acid kidney stone, so he can't eat meat anymore unless he wants to suffer and eventually die. so yea. I'll be sous vide and smoking some short ribs this weekend haha. It's an interesting recipe though, here are the ingredients. It tasted really good, was suppose to use kim chi but kraut was just as good. And yea, the lime crema instead of veganaise. 

20150922_085552.jpg

Rawkstah said:
My friend and I were on a mission to make an Ethiopian feast yesterday.  Going from 1o'clock and around we have, miser wat, a red lentil stew, then shiro wat, a roasted chickpea and veggie stew, then injera a flatbread made from teff flour (has a sour dough flavor), then doro wat, this is usually a chicken based stew but I used TVP, and lastly gomen, the only non spiced dish which is collards, onion, and niter kibbeh, a spiced Ethiopian butter/oil.  
DeYHwlm.jpg

Add some melted cheddar cheese and some lime wedges and I'd call that Tex-Mex!

More pickled 'peno's on the side, at least a dozen, por favor.

And tortillah's a 'plenty warmed and ready to go.

As always...

You rawk!

grantmichaels said:
I'm going to plop some baked potatoes in here, not because they are meatless, but because I opened up the other pollen for them - the dill pollen.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426287852.777900.jpg

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426287860.910802.jpg

Sure smelled good upon opening, anyways - time will tell!

How's it holding up? I started dehydrating one cluster of flowers but I think I cut it too soon. I'm going to try again since theres a few more flower heads.

Both are tasty ...

I use the fennel pollen as the seasoning for every 3rd or 4th steak, and I've been using the dill pollen mixed in w/ sour cream as a "dip" for cauli, celery, carrots ...

Was out camping this weekend.  All the meals were vegetarian.  I made spicy seitan sausages before we left and we had those and asparagus the first night, the next morning we had breakfast potatoes and eggs, lunch was buffalo chickpea wraps, dinner was black beans sauteed with onion and green pepper over the campfire with chili cheese fritos mixed in and roasted corn, french toast the next morning (so good with that bit of smoky campfire taste in there), had an early dinner of hot & sweet mustard grilled tofu, roasted brussel sprouts, roasted dill mushrooms, grilled artichoke and red pepper, and some squash.  Here's some of the madness:

WCU8JQ2.jpg

EIfas3H.jpg

wNhXC8e.jpg

1DdJSVS.jpg

5XSdESj.jpg

Sorry I've had quite the busy month, I've cooked some stuff but never get around to photos and posts.  To avoid eating out when I get busy I grabbed these Gardein frozen pockets, I had the pulled porkless one tonight and I'm sold. They're great, I want to eat the whole box.  This isn't my picture but here's what they look like anyway.

B7lMMNSIYAEKmkr.jpg

Really tasty and I just threw them in the toaster oven.  I'll be buying these again and trying their other flavors. 

Have you made pulled pork with canned jackfruit? I've never seen it before in the store, but then again i've never looked for it. It says to use the one int he brine and not syrup. I think it's a complete different part of the jackfruit that i've never eaten before

This has been a once a week meal for me lately.  I fill a bowl with raw spinach, shred a carrot (sometimes cabbage if i have it on hand), top with some black beans that I've cooked in a pot with seasonings, onion, and garlic and smashed down, some chili lime roasted sweet potatoes, greek yogurt instead of sour cream, hot sauce, and pepitas.  Its like a taco salad, but the sweet potatoes bring this little bit of something different.  Oh! and I scored a 12 pack of Spotted Cow to wash it down with... 
Eu2URvg.jpg

Looks great!
I love Spinach but nothing in the stores have taste. The little I grew was nice and tender but the Deer got it at the end.

I always buy organic spinach, loose if it is there or else I go for one of the boxes of  it.  I pretty much add it where ever I can these days.  I'll use it instead of lettuce, toss some into soup, on a pizza.  

Stir fry! Bok choy, mushroom, onion, garlic, turmeric, ginger, snap peas, cashews, and sesame seeds.  Made it extra tasty with some miso paste and Kung Pow from Dee Roo! Topped it with sambal...
[]
OOHorFy.jpg
/

Back