Three Day Juice Cleanse

I'm going to give it a shot. I don't know if I can do just juice, even for a day, but I'm going to try to replace 2 meals a day with it for a while. I just picked up a bunch of produce, and got my juicer ready to roll. Healthy living, here I come.

Beer counts as juice.....right?

Today's juice was apple, cabbage, spinach, blueberry, beet, carrot, celery, turnip, ginger root, bell pepper, and jalapeno. I've had about 32 oz between breakfast and lunch, along with a small glass of milk to take my vitamins with, and I'm surprisingly not really hungry. It tastes pretty good too!

Today's juice was apple, cabbage, spinach, blueberry, beet, carrot, celery, turnip, ginger root, bell pepper, and jalapeno. I've had about 32 oz between breakfast and lunch, along with a small glass of milk to take my vitamins with, and I'm surprisingly not really hungry. It tastes pretty good too!
I am doing an every-other-day juice fast right now, myself. I've done juice fasts before, starting with one day a week, then two days in a row, then three days in a row, back to two, then back to one before being done. Lost about 20 pounds that way a couple years ago. Here's something to know: you will likely get tired of juice after a while, if you keep it up. Go ahead and add broth from time to time - I get the chicken broth with no added sugar and steep a dried pod in it after nuking it a tad. My general approach is to alternate juice, water or non-caff tea, and broth throughout the day. I'm surprisingly not usually hungry in between.

grapes..... ;)

Oh yeah, I have a few grapes. lol
gunsandfruit015_zps71515839.jpg

And carrots...
gunsandfruit011_zps13ffa299.jpg

plums...
gunsandfruit014_zpsafd7c061.jpg

asparagus...
gunsandfruit013_zps160d08ba.jpg

grapefruit...
gunsandfruit017_zps3c04c830.jpg

bell peppers...
gunsandfruit012_zpsecd20b8b.jpg

tomatoes...
gunsandfruit016_zpse620b0e4.jpg

A bunch of other stuff too. I think I need another fridge.

...and a bottle of vodka.

I have greens as well. Spinach and kale mostly. All that stuff pictured is from my FIL. He's in the produce business, and dropped it off today. I told him I'd take whatever, and that's what I got. :P

If you get in bind, timing wise, freeze what you have to, to preserve the nutrients! Your "juices" may be a tad slushy...but that's just kind of fun when you get that next heat wave! Truly tho....that's an impressive score!!!!!! Li'l bit jealous, I am!!!!!! Whatcha gonna do with all that new/extra energy?!?!?!

(you know the drill......no pics, din't happ'n!) ;)

Okay, a few more pics.

This is what I'm drinking right now: carrots, kale, "baby spring mix", grapes, cabbage, jalapeno, ginger root, bell peppers, tomato.
gunsandfruit001_zps919ea4d2.jpg

In liquid form:
gunsandfruit002_zpsea1841a9.jpg

gunsandfruit004_zps9b781048.jpg

It actually made about a glass and a half.

mmmmmmmmm...tasty! (I keep telling myself that anyway) :lol:

OkeeDokee MM....time to spill the beans.....

How did you FEEL????
Was it worth the effort?!?!

I got uber inspired and started eating/consuming "real foods".....

A 'boat-load' of prep/effort.....but gotta confess....feel soooooo much better in the physical realm!!!!!!!
Good enough that I'm going to do it again this week....tell me if I'm getting "too extreme"!!!!!!!! :rofl:

When I went onto the raw foods diet my skin cleared up and I lost a fair amount of weight (this was a couple of years ago tho). Speaking of which, I just bought a new juicer today and am hoping to convince my bf to give it a go.

I saw some commercial a while back that was selling a product would cleanse you the same y'all's fruit and veg grogs do.

But wait! There's more! The product is 'posed to remove the 25 pounds of "spackle" supposedly that have built up in the walls of our colons.

Well what I'd like to know is, has anyone actually seen this spackle after dropping a deuce while on your juice cleanse?

Back