• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

...and thanks for trying rendang. I know I said I would most likely vote for rendang but PIC 1 just could not be denied. The pizza looked good and I would have surely tried it.

When you get more time try rendang again, and slow cook it, and serve it over coconut rice.

Well you said it "wasn't that bad" which is leaps and bounds above you saying you hated curry, so I think this challenge did you good. :D

Ok.......It's late... or early for some but I'd like to thank the support from "Lucky Dog Hot Sauce", THP and the others who gave they're honest input . One of my first experiences having Thai was here in Chicago (dating at the time) but with Trish, my wife back in the late 70's. I always had the hots..............for the happenings, and back then it was the wok, fondue, and any thing hotter than a Jalapeno. "Star of Siam" was the hot spot in Chicago. Very noisey during lunch time but that was cool....who needs someone listening in to the convo.
I would always ask for the extra heat...............usually a bigger bowl of Sambal or Chili, Garlic Oil would be brought out. One day I was able to meet the chef.... From then on either he or a sous would bring out a bowl of chili mash (scrambling like eggs) and present it to us at the table.................it was a "Hydogen Bomb" after effects in the stomach.............I made sure I used it up.......since then I crave for spice...........what an addiction to have !

Anyways, I couldn't pass this TD by. There were a few in the past I missed from weekend projects. But I'm glad Dan got this thing up and running. Cooking from scratch is where it's at. There's a reason for the long lists of ingredients in recipe................layering

Thanks for the votes and for those who participated.......

Greg, you are the man. Prominent chef, master green thumb...I'm sure there's nothing you can't do when you put your mind to it. I tip my hat to you and congratulate you on another fine crown.

Congrats Greg! I thought I had another hour to vote yesterday when I got off work, but by he time I got home it was loocked up. It was a hard decision to vote on so I took my time to vote, a little to much time apparently. Didn't matter though, your dish was just that awesome :)

:cheers:

Nicely done Greg!
It's gotta feel good to get the most votes among such tough competition!
Well deserved! Winning a crown never gets old.
Congrats also to everyone who entered. Everyone!
This might have been the highest quality, top to bottom, TD ever!

frydad4 wins crown #5! Ha! You did it with canned goods.

To me, that one summed up the challenge, and ended up looking appetizing, so congrats.

You sonofabitch! Congrats you tin man. I know where I'm goin when everyone is dead broke. I'll brink the canned corn.

Congrats! brother! VERY well deserved, and thank you for the lonely vote JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

Congrats on big ol' number 5 FD! :)

That said, I probably wouldn't eat any of them unless I was starving. Or drunk.

These are the only things in a can that I would put in my zombie proof cave / end of the world thingey
collect5.jpg

If you bite a zombie, does that turn you into one? Hmmmm, canned food or bbq zombie shoulder with a tangy slaw....

Back