Today in the kitchen...

Dyce51 said:
Just started to get things together to get the still fired up.....you know....to make distilled water to make my sauces with.....thats my story and I'm stickin to it.....lmao
If ya need some orders....just PM me ;)

Sickmont said:
hey, its legal if you claim to be makin your own fuel....hinty hinty hinty

yup you apply for a permit from the BATF and that takes about a month to get a lil yellow piece of paper that says you can make ethanol to use as fuel. Then you keep track of how much you produce and you can get a tax credit to....the permit is free as long as you produce less than 10,000 gallons a year..

I like them flip top bottles you got!!! As for pressurizing them in a cooker....I don't know but I would think that the rubber seal wouldn't take the heat..... Kind of like the plastic caps that I use on woozy bottles...I hot pack them and flip them upside down to sterilize the cap....the sauce looks great too!!!

I just made five 16oz jars out of 3.5lbs of orange/peach hab concentrate. I used some of it already to make an experimental hot sauce. What's in it? Orange/peach habs, goji berry, cinnamon, mint leaves, a dried basil blend from my garden, agave nectar, sugar, kosher salt. I'm also using one of the swing-top bottles i got at The Container Store for this sauce. Also had some left over for about 10-12oz extra that i'm canning with the concentrate and added extra hab to to fill it out. Preliminary taste test was good and kind of unique. :D

pics to come

IMG_0648.jpg

the sauce is looking good!
looks like two different kinds though by the pics, do you go through this much hot sauce or do you also give/sell it to others ?

chilehunter said:
the sauce is looking good!
looks like two different kinds though by the pics, do you go through this much hot sauce or do you also give/sell it to others ?
I do go through quite a bit, but what you see there is only 1 kind of sauce and 5 jars of concentrate. The goji-habanero stuff is the darker one; that's the sauce.

I think the future Mrs. is gonna be irked.

I'm making a fresh batch of tomato sauce to can and have later.

I kinda put in 3 whole aji amarillo chiles in it, not knowing they're in the cayenne/tabasco heat level.

To me this is good, as i love the heat of the cayenne. Lately though, she's been saying things like, "Ya know, not every meal has to have peppers in it."

YES IT DOES!

;)

Man this better be a good sauce or she'll kick my butt for making so much. :) I should clear about 6-7 jars.

tomatoes, bell peppers, kalamata olives, capers, onion, aji amarillos, 3 basils, oregano, "baby bella" mushrooms, etc. YUM!

Back