• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Today in the kitchen...

So i took a bottlee of Pain is Good Jerk sauce in the 3.75oz bottle and dumped it into a baggie of chicken wings. It was quite good after a while in the oven.

While that was cooking i set the slow cooker for another meal for another day.

Into the slow cooker went 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. I than plucked some fresh basil, thyme, and oregano from my patio garden and into the pot with it. Than i took two nice and marbly lamb chops i've been saving for just such an occasion; i find lamb is best when it melts in your mouth and detaches itself from any bone and fat. Now of course that wasn't enough. I sprinkled in some fresh ground chipotle onto the lambchops and i crushed one whole dried yellow habanero. Salt and pepper went in with one of those big ol cans of crushed tomatoes (no additives, just tomato) and a can of tomato paste. I topped it off with about a half cup of marsala and just gave it it's first stir. The vapor from the marsala is gone and the lamb is cooking. I think i'll unplug it tomorrow morning and see how it all went.

It should be nice and warming and i don't just mean from the time it'll take to cook.

Oh yeah..forgot the secret ingredient. Two whole, ripe serranos. Destemmed and in whole just to enjoy the ride and make for a nice little treat. :)

I turned the sauce off at about 4am. i was still up working so no trouble. i let it cool for a couple hours and containered it up at around 7am this morning.

The sauce is VERY spicy, but the lamb has all but melted away. I don't know if my girl will like it much, but it's damn good. Any sauce that was cooking for 9.5hrs is bound to be good. it's not bright red anymore, it's more a deep dark brown.

i love my new slowcooker. :)

oh btw...

the jerk chicken wings? really really spicy. too hot for my little gal. her lips were burning pretty bad. :)

i find lamb is best when it melts in your mouth and detaches itself from any bone and fat...

yep could not agree more..this post is pain first thing in the morning :lol:

today i thought i'd share my kitchen with you all. Here's my current arsenal.
IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

and i thought i'd share dinner prep.

What could be in here?
IMG_0305.jpg

Oh my!
IMG_0306.jpg

1 hab, 2 serrano, 1 green onion
IMG_0315.jpg

BOIL(err..sautee) EM IN OIL!!!
IMG_0316.jpg

Mmmm. That looks real tasty. Especially with the Hefeweizen. I'll have to try something like that when my Habs ripen.

Omri said:
Dude, you look like Kevin Smith!

Sickmont said:
All you need is a herringbone trenchcoat and you could be Silent Bob too.
Dude! I may have a few extra pounds, but i DO NOT look like Kevin Smith!:shocked: And the Jersey thing doesn't even count!:lol:

Actually, i cut my hair last Saturday. I'm going corporate. :rolleyes:

imaguitargod said:
BOOOOOO!!!!!!! I was just about to comment how cool you looked....pah!
No worries. I grow it and cut it all the time. I've donated some to charity even. Right now i need to find a better job, so short hair is a must. It will be long one day soon. I've been blessed with the gift of "good hair".

Tonight's test kitchen has no photos, but i will describe it.

Ground beef...salt/pepper...guajillo pepper powder (fresh ground by me) and make nice patties. Put into a pan with some onions. Lay a slab of hot pepper jelly on top. Cook to medium and onto a bun with lettuce and garden fresh tomato. It was pretty good. We had it with some fresh made guacamole with a good bit of some cayenne powder i had kickin around.

Real good eats in this here kitchen.

Also washed and destemmed and froze another pound of habaneros. I think i have about 3lbs. I should have bought all the store had. I will need them, but i really want red habs and all i can find is orange. I guess fate is making sauce #3.

fineexampl said:
Dude! I may have a few extra pounds, but i DO NOT look like Kevin Smith! And the Jersey thing doesn't even count!

Actually, i cut my hair last Saturday. I'm going corporate.
Kevin Smith is the man! looking like him is a good thing. ;) It's not like you look like Jason Mewes as Jay. :lol:

Back