food Top This Sandwich! A sandwich posting game

BigB said:
When I said brazilian meat, i meant style of cooking, so churrasco. Lots of churrasco places in miami. Regarding the marinade, i didn't know if you ever marinated meat. I always liked flank marinated in olive oil and garlic. Though, chimichurri is a good topping that I also always use on flank

Yeah, I was know marinades, but it's not common from here.
Here, the meats only seasoning on salt. Many spices cover it the real flavor of meat. The people dont apreciate it. We used many spices when is necessary hide a bad taste. Restaurants be experts on this job...

cypresshill1973 said:

Yeah, I was know marinades, but it's not common from here.
Here, the meats only seasoning on salt. Many spices cover it the real flavor of meat. The people dont apreciate it. We used many spices when is necessary hide a bad taste. Restaurants be experts on this job...

In the heart of Texas bbq country, most if not all, use only salt and pepper.

Other Texas bbq might use rubs with garlic, cayenne, brown sugar, etc.....

But the best stuff is only salt and pepper.

No heat TB? Say it ain't so! What about caramelized onions and jalapenos or the sort?

Wait. I've seen you ancho crust a steak!!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
No heat TB? Say it ain't so! What about caramelized onions and jalapenos or the sort?

Wait. I've seen you ancho crust a steak!!!!

Sorry. 

I thought CH was talkin' about roasted/ flamed Argentinian meat.

Or maybe I need to find a pillow.

Does that answer your question?

Wait.

What was the question?

I'm going to bed.

I've seen you use more than S&P on beef, was saying. You were saying how it is done in TX which usually means how you do it lol... but I've seen you do the heat.

Pepper powder shouldn't count. Brisket is good with S&P but adding pepper powder is for us chiliheads, it's not like adding garlic, thyme, or your favorite A1. ;)

Any time you see "S&P only" imo you can add pepper powder or sub the black pepper! (Right geeme?)

The way I'm viewing this whole season meats or hippie fruit (vegetables) with any thing other than salt and pepper is bollocks. If I want to season my $70 per 1/34 lbs of Wagyu hand massaged drunken cow arse steak with $.05 cents of Vegemite (1/2 cup j/k :D) then who other than the person eating it really gives a serious one?  Y'all not here to taste the end result!  We live vicariously through images (except J and TB). 

And A1 is shit as itself. (still have 3/4 bottle for 3+years)  But a small amount as a glaze is not bad, give it  go.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich.

Fresh baked roll
Roasted garlic mustard
Breaded chicken breast
Ham off the bone (from local butcher)
Swiss Cheese
Iguana Tropical Pepper Sauce

102_0141.JPG

102_0143.JPG

102_0144.JPG

Wait, you can't hide those nasty frozen chicken patties! I see that fake spongy chicken meat!

Everything else looks good.

You posted this in the Top This thread though ...

Booma's going to top the living shit out of that one day ...

I've liked his fried chicken more than his burgers, personally ...

Here, have a PLNKr chip, on me ...

I was thinking the same, it doesn't quite belong here, where is "Hide This..." :lol:

Good or not he tried to pull a fast one!!!!

JayT said:
I thought all that scheezy melty goodness could cover it up.  

Busted.

That's it I'm gonna spend all my chips.  

Drinko here I come!!!!
:rofl:

Top this could be interpreted many ways.  I mean it could possibly mean "Top this crappy frozen chicken patty with a bunch of good ham and good melty cheese so people can't see how crappy the chicken" is for instance.

I reckon Jay's sammich looks goodern' hell.

But then I don't eat chicken.

I tried to this weekend but Geez Louise it was poor at best.

Frozen drummettes.

Glazed with "chicken broth" prior to freezing.

More like "potty water".

That bein' said...

Cordon bleu rocks.

Cooked a shit ton (official SoFlo measurement) of 'em.

I reckon Jay did just fine with his sammich.

Although the bastige didn't toast the bread like I like to be liking it.

Back