food Top This Sandwich! A sandwich posting game

Yum!

And that Cuban bread... nice. Not sure what you call it there but that is classic Cuban!

French bread. There are miñon, milonguita and flauta. I used two miñones, the flauta is more long, milonguita is medium size, but is the same bread, only difference is the size, but all is french bread

mignon-clasico.jpg

5298_f.jpg

pan_MG_9011.jpg

cypresshill1973 said:
My humble sandwich de milanesa(breaded meat) that I do eat in the lunch. was good...

Here the sandwich de milanesa it's a classic.

Lettuce, jalapeños, onion, mayo and lemon juice

That sandwich looks so fire. How did you cook the meat? What meat? What breading? 

Looks more like light airy brittle-crust Cuban in your own pics, but looks good nonetheless!

The meat can be any cut boneless flesh and little fat. It cuts against the fiber. That makes it very tender to chew. The breading, is dry bread ground, It sells well here, there also have, I suppose. The same used for chicken work good.

Cut the meat in slices. 1 at 1.5cm wide (half inch) pull the fat.  Pics are from Internet...

DSCF2637.jpg

Need eggs, crushed presley and garlic, salt and spices to you taste. milk

Lays eggs in a bowl, whisk and add crushed presley and garlic, salt and spices to blend. finally add half cup of milk and stir well

Put the slices meat on the mix. they must be submerged in the egg. Leading to the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.

DSCF2632.jpg

DSCF2633.jpg

Before then you must take the prophets and breading each one. You can use a beer jar or other thing enabling it to hit strong bread on the meat

DSCF2636.jpg

DSCF2639.jpg

The Milanesas should look like this

DSCF2640.jpg

Then you must frie in hot oil and will be ready.

You can eat whatever, whenever lemon juice over it gets before eating. Right???

DSCF2641.jpg

cypresshill1973 said:

Our cuisine is basically a Spanish, Italian and French mixture.

I know Argentines are the biggest consumer of steak, # per capita. However, all i've ever had when I think of south american meats is brazilian churrasco (oh and I love argentine chorizo, i buy those a lot. blood sausage too). Do you have any well known steak dishes that have some awesome marinades or something? 

The muscle fiber bundles seem engorged and the fat between them minimized in most of the pictures ...

Even the Aussie beef appears to be 50-70% in this vein, comparatively ...

It makes you wonder what we're eating, certainly ...

Brazilian meat??? Sheit! Is very very ugly!!! They breeding "cebu" like Venezuela and other countrys. I'm dont like brazilian meats. It is hard meat, lean and bad taste. Nothing like Angus, Hereford, etc, like bredd in our countrys. Though I suppose you are referring to beef cut on american meat... true?

The marinades are not widely used.

But wait!! You do try marinate a meat on chimichurri???

JayT said:
From what I have seen from CH, I can understand why they eat so much.  If the meat is as good as his looks and they know how to cook it as well as he does, they SHOULD eat it every day.

Unfortunately too we eat meat. Here is very cheap for us. However there for all grades. Those who we eat, we know where to buy quality.
The opposite is that for about half of the population is too expensive meat and can not eat more than once or twice a week. Never enjoying a steak or a roast.

However I have also understood that the US has the best beef in the world, also Australia. I eat american meats in Mexico and like me

JayT said:
Now you're talkin'  I love CFS.  I want to see The TB do a Texican version of this on the flatty.  I also love chicken fried chicken and shrimp fried shrimp, for the record.
I ate too much chicken fried everything while living in Austin 

cypresshill1973 said:
Brazilian meat??? Sheit! Is very very ugly!!! Though I suppose you are referring to beef cut on american meat... true?

But wait!! You do try marinate a meat on chimichurri???
When I said brazilian meat, i meant style of cooking, so churrasco. Lots of churrasco places in miami. Regarding the marinade, i didn't know if you ever marinated meat. I always liked flank marinated in olive oil and garlic. Though, chimichurri is a good topping that I also always use on flank

Back