• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food Top This Sandwich! A sandwich posting game

Only problem is, you scared everyone away. I doubt anyone will even try to top that lol.

Oh dude, come on now ... that deprives PIC.

Watching people put their best tricks out there and still fall short is the reward for the time and care that went into it.

I'm throwing the gauntlet down out of sheer respect for how well it's photographed.

Count me in.

Top Thathttp://thehotpepper.com/topic/51282-top-this-sandwich-a-sandwich-posting-game/page-5#entry1077419

It all starts out with these main characters : Parsley, Rosemary, Bay Leaves, Thyme, Mushrooms, Celery, Onions, Garlic, Chuck Roast, Potatoes, Prunes, Green Beans, Carrots, Parsnips, Red Habaneros, Panko Bread Crumbs, Guinness, Jameson, Worcestershire.

3 Chuck Roasts were cut up into 2" chunks, tossed in Flour with S & P and browned in a pan in batches. The meat was added to a stock pot with 2qt of Beef Stock, 24oz of Guinness Beer, .and fresh Herbs..Pot was brought to a boil and reduced to a covered low simmer for 2 hrs. Add 2 chopped Onions, bunch of chopped Celery, sliced Carrots and Parsnips. Simmer for 1hr. Add quartered White Potatoes, diced Red Habanero's, Green Beans, Veal Stock and a cup of Jameson.....make that two, one for me...
Simmer until Potatoes are tender.....Save leftovers for next day sandwiches

Stew vs Masher...........no contest.......... :P

Mashed stew was combined with equal parts of Panko....and one Egg as a binder.

3oz dough balls were rolled out and proofed before baking at 375 for 20 min.

Finished rolls at top and at the bottom from the far left....3" die with mashed stew that was temp frozen, ..unmolded frozen meat puck,..Panko meat puck,..deep fried meat puck,..last but not least.....well, bring out your Northland, Victoriaville, C.C.M. or Sher-Wood hockey sticks and we can " Pass the Puck ' around.......... :lol:

Leftover Beef Stew Cakes.......on homemade buns with Cheddar Cheese and Red Habanero slices...

How am i supposed to post after that?

Top that toast!
And Kraft Singles! No one will dare to make fun of my choice! :D Probably this is the most classical use of Kraft singles in Italy. Pancarrè, prosciutto cotto and sottilette.
For sure it's a simple stuff.

Here i used a bread slightly larger than normal, 3 slices, prague ham, an hot sauce called Bomba Pugliese and 4 Kraft Singles.
Best cheese i had for that type of sandwich is buffalo mozz (i had awful results with normal mozz).

ibaoD8mbWOSpJ7.jpg

ihU9simbJyTtZ.jpg

Top Thathttp://thehotpepper.com/topic/51282-top-this-sandwich-a-sandwich-posting-game/page-2#entry1073053

Here are some of the ingredients that went into the sandwich: Basil, Bombay Morich Peppers, Carrots, Garlic, Onion, Ground Veal, Beef Shank, Egg, Hot Italian Sausage, Lasagna Sheets, Focaccia Dough, White Wine, Fresh Motz, Ricotta, Parm, Piave Vecchio Cheese's, Mild Provolone, Chopped Spinach, Crushed Tomatoes, Tomato Paste.

This Bolognese style sauce starts out with the browning of the Beef Shanks. The meat will then gets braised with 1c of White Wine in a 325d oven for 2 hrs.

Both Ricotta Cheese and frozen Spinach were drained overnight of any liquids. Both were mixed together with a bunch of Basil, 1 Egg, grated Nutmeg and Parm Cheese.

Veal and minced Italian Sausage were browned in a pan. Chopped Garlic, Onion and Tomato Paste were added and the mix was sauteed for 5 minutes. The addition of 2c of Wine and 1 qt of Crushed Tomatoes and Basil were added. Sauce was brought to a boil and reduced to a low simmer for 2 hrs....half way through add shredded Beef Shank. Reduce the Bolognese down until most of the liquid is evaporated.

Focaccia Bread was baked at 375 until golden........the pizza in the background was a snack during the football games....

Crushed Tomatoes in the bottom of the pan then the first layer of noodles followed by the Ricotta/Spinach mix....followed by another noodle then the meat mix and fresh Motz.......repeat until all 7 layers are completed.

Top layer of Lasagna was topped with Crushed Tomatoes, Fresh Motz/Provolone and grated Piave Vecchio. The pan was covered in foil and baked at 375d for 45 minutes. Foil removed , and additional 15 minutes of bake before finished.

Spinach and Meat Lasagna Sandwich.......

Holy crapola!

You topped Essegi in a sandwich I thought no one would even attempt! 

Back