• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Top This Sandwich! A sandwich posting game

TOP THIS SANDWICH!

POST A SANDWICH TO BE TOPPED
or
TRY TO TOP A SANDWICH!

HOW TO PLAY:

There are two ways to post a sandwich here.

1. Post what you feel is the best authentic, most unique, or most extreme version of a sandwich (anything goes), which cannot possibly be topped. At the top, post "Top This ____!" Example: Top This Grilled Cheese! Then, tell us about it.

2. The second way to post is to pick a sandwich to try to top. In this post you will mention whose sandwich you are trying to top, and provide a link to it by right clicking the post number (top right of post) and copying/pasting the link to yours. If you post a sandwich here, even if you are trying to top someone, you understand someone may try to top YOU!

GUIDELINES:

If it's not a know type of sandwich, all you have to do is try to top the sandwich using the main ingredient(s) and style of the sandwich, or the "gist" of the sandwich. I'm sure there will be a lot of creativity, so obviously you don't have to "recreate" what they did. The idea is to TOP it with your creativity (or skill!). If they posted a simple yet authentic sandwich, also keep it simple and authentic. Over-the-top isn't topping. It's all about the BEST!

No reposts! Make it for here or don't post it here. :)

This is for fun! It's up to you what tops what but there will be no official winners! Use the Like button.

You guys have certainly posted some original stuff in here for people to try to top! Where are the toppers?

I've also made the game rules a little simpler on the first page. The bullet points looked a little daunting, so I summarized instead.

French Dip Part Deux

gallery_8228_122_12004.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
You guys have certainly posted some original stuff in here for people to try to top! Where are the toppers?

I've also made the game rules a little simpler on the first page. The bullet points looked a little daunting, so I summarized instead.
 I think that will start to happen when there is a good collection of sandwiches in the thread. Give it another six pages or so ;)

It's confusing because people aren't typing "Top That" so are they asking to be topped, or trying to top something? If topping where is the link? This isn't the place to just post a sammie, it's a game. What is the one above to?

Let's get this right peeps, it can be a fun one!

The idea is to see a string of awesome sammies... and different ones all the time, since the monthly thing faded. This allows any type to be challenged at any time.

Okay, well please read post #1 before posting and have fun!

Top my French Dip.  Thin sliced chuck roast and provolone on french bread warmed up/toasted in the oven.  The au jus was from the pan drippings of the roast.  I tossed in some extra rosemary and thyme when warming up the jus.

Husker21 said:
French Dip Part Deux

gallery_8228_122_12004.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
It's confusing because people aren't typing "Top That" so are they asking to be topped, or trying to top something? If topping where is the link? This isn't the place to just post a sammie, it's a game. What is the one above to?

Let's get this right peeps, it can be a fun one!

The idea is to see a string of awesome sammies... and different ones all the time, since the monthly thing faded. This allows any type to be challenged at any time.

Okay, well please read post #1 before posting and have fun!

I think I'm doing it right, but I'm happy to edit more posts if I need to, just let me know.

I'm just gonna let it flow and y'all do your thing. We'll see how it goes. :D

Husker21 said:
Top my French Dip.  Thin sliced chuck roast and provolone on french bread warmed up/toasted in the oven.  The au jus was from the pan drippings of the roast.  I tossed in some extra rosemary and thyme when warming up the jus.

I topped myself.  Now you top that.  What can you do with your leftovers?  Peppers, onions, scotch bonnet and chunked beef roasted sauteed with french fries on a toasted ciabatta with melted monterey jack.  

gallery_8228_122_377740.jpg

Did you still have au jus?

Not sure you topped yourself if you didn't... but if you did, oh hell yeah. Meat and taters WIN!

YOU HAVE NOT TOPPED YOURSELF!

:lol:

Back