• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010

AlabamaJack said:
I am confused...8 of 36 for Butch T and 0 of 12 for yellow?

did I misinterpret this?

8 of 36 Butch T is correct. In the same tray 24 of 36 * 7 POTS * I was comparing how the Butch T has always given me problems with many going ungerminated compared to other varieties.

At that time I didn't mention my 12 Yellow Scorpions planted at a later date in a 2nd tray.

Sorry for the confusion.

For you guys who use ¼ ferts on your plants after they develop their first set of leaves, how often do you feed them?

I got mine out of the parcel last year and what I grew didnt seem very "scorpionish." Maybe I will have better luck this year. Also, going with the seeds for the Yellow Scorpion Cardi from Cmpman. Nice work AJ, thanks for keeping these records for us. If you would update the source of my yellow seed so that Chris gets credit.

Mjdtexan said:
For you guys who use ¼ ferts on your plants after they develop their first set of leaves, how often do you feed them?

I use a mixture of 1/4 teaspoon of Miracle-Gro (15-30-15) per gallon of water each time I water the plants until they get big enough to plant outside.

Alan

Planted 1/24/10. 6 Yellow Cardi from Cappy -Pepper Ridge Farm. 6 red trinidad scorpion from Patrick. planted in peat. temps 70-98, nt constant- heat pad underneath (not very warm, got it up to 70-) a 40 watt full spectrum bulb (keeps it in the 80's) and on the days when the sun shines it gets into the 90's (havent had but a couple of days of sun)

3 Yellow cardi's popped 02/01/10. 2 more on 02/02/10. Trinidads from Patrick are shy, havent come up yet. I tried to center the heat source but now I've moved it to favor the Trinidads. Pics on my grow thread.

I may ask Patrick for more seeds if these dont take, I'll keep trying!

Mister_Al said:
I use a mixture of 1/4 teaspoon of Miracle-Gro (15-30-15) per gallon of water each time I water the plants until they get big enough to plant outside.

Alan

Mine is what I had here already. 24-8-16

I am not entering. haha... Jan 2010. Brown Scorpion.
scorpion066.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry that I could not provide any germination data AJ.
I only have 3 living plants left of the TS's I planted sometime last October and currently dont have anymore TS seeds.
Hopefully I can keep these I have left alive to produce some pods.

Back