• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Badger said:
Nice! Perfect beach music. Mar Azul means "blue sea" in some Spanish dialect I think - any idea where she's from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesária_Évora

Read up on her, Badger. It's great for when you can't sleep at night. Or when you're really depressed and want to get more depressed but then start to think" what the hell is she even singing about?" I saw her live in Berkeley a few years ago and started to fall asleep....

Badger said:
CP - thanks for reminding me about Captain Beyond - it's been so long since I heard them I'd totally forgotten them. How could you forget a band that good?

I have no idea as i just discovered them myself:lol:Their first LP is just plain SICK!!!

captainpepper said:
I have no idea as i just discovered them myself:lol:Their first LP is just plain SICK!!!

Yea, I remember it being one of the best albums by anyone, ever! Haven't heard it in years. I think they only did 3 albums and then split. Why they never became a huge success I'll never understand - they were frekin' brilliant.

Man, that's seriously FUNky with some nicely grungy bass. Haven't heard much form these guys - I'll have to listen to more.:cool:

:lol:A classic! Is there any song without a lego video now? They're everywhere! Have you seen the lego version of the Camelot song from The Holy Grail?

Back