food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

SeeYouJimmy said:
Turkey Slapped chicken schnitzel:
002-6.jpg

I added 2 crushed garlic cloves to the egg mix and the multigrain bread crumbs have s/p, paprika and some dried herbs. Neil's Y7 sauce goes great with it and I worked up quite the sweat eating it. I love the Yellow7 burn.

Like a bit of food with your sauce mate? :lol: You don't muck around!

Well, since I am not drinking I must post this here. Ok, I bought this big beautiful piece of meat to make and take to my mother's house for Easter dinner tomorrow to go along with her ham. She has since decided that it is not necessary and that she is making too much food already. I also have the throwdown to do today, so I guess this is...Lunch. I will eat a big slab now and save the rest for tomorrow before or after Easter dinner and maybe make some sandwiches on Monday.

Chile and Herb-Rubbed Prime Rib

Here's the before shots. It is rubbed with sea salt, black pepper, Italian herbs, granulated garlic, and chili powders.

100_0315.jpg

100_0316.jpg

100_0317.jpg

Back with more later.

Cooked just a smidge too long for my taste. I was checking it with a meat thermometer and it really jumped on me the last time. So it ended up more medium rare/medium than I prefer. While it was resting a I made an au jus with red wine and beef broth as well as the drippings from the rib roast. Tastes terrific.

100_0312-1.jpg

100_0313-1.jpg

I was still hungry so I decided that I needed to use the rib bones that I cut off (and their meat), so I cut all the meat off the bones and chopped it up. Then I made a sandwich with it. Italian bread, aged cheddar cheese, my fatalii sauce, and bbq sauce. Mmmmmmm!

100_0315-1.jpg

100_0317-1.jpg

100_0316-1.jpg

Prime rib looks killer!
JayT said:
I was still hungry so I decided that I needed to use the rib bones that I cut off (and their meat)
Oven rib sammy? lol ;)

Quick, everybody over to JayT's for prime rib......hmmmmmmmmmmm! (I'll bring my homemade horseradish - that's got kick and will make your eyes water)

Last night I made a nice beef stew: top sirloin chucks, 1 potato, 1 Yam, 1/2 head of rutabegar, baby carrots, celery, tomato sauce, beef broth, some of my wine, chopped cilantro, basil, curry powder, garlic, ginger, scoop of pickled beets, pea/corn(frozen mix) and oh ya, 6 goatsweed peppers - I was going to add parsnips but they were too expensive.

Goatsweed really carries the heat well throughout a sauce, I was debating: kung pao, ceyenne, super chili or habs but I choose the goatsweed and a good choice, wife kept asking why was I taking quick shallow breaths targeted at my lips all night - just a good choice. She's on Jenny Craig so I have to make all my own meals and the kids don't eat what I eat.

But I do eat something spicy every day, like yesterday I had a ceyenne pepper fresh off my plant, the day before a super chili and a suryanki the day before that, then there's my home made chili sauce I put on stuff and my dried habanero powder that smiles at me everytime I open the fridge.

Burning Colon said:
Quick, everybody over to JayT's for prime rib......hmmmmmmmmmmm! (I'll bring my homemade horseradish - that's got kick and will make your eyes water)

Last night I made a nice beef stew: top sirloin chucks, 1 potato, 1 Yam, 1/2 head of rutabegar, baby carrots, celery, tomato sauce, beef broth, some of my wine, chopped cilantro, basil, curry powder, garlic, ginger, scoop of pickled beets, pea/corn(frozen mix) and oh ya, 6 goatsweed peppers - I was going to add parsnips but they were too expensive.

Goatsweed really carries the heat well throughout a sauce, I was debating: kung pao, ceyenne, super chili or habs but I choose the goatsweed and a good choice, wife kept asking why was I taking quick shallow breaths targeted at my lips all night - just a good choice. She's on Jenny Craig so I have to make all my own meals and the kids don't eat what I eat.

But I do eat something spicy every day, like yesterday I had a ceyenne pepper fresh off my plant, the day before a super chili and a suryanki the day before that, then there's my home made chili sauce I put on stuff and my dried habanero powder that smiles at me everytime I open the fridge.

Sounds good, but where da pics?

Burning Colon said:

JayT said:
Sounds good, but where da pics?

He needs to learn to keep the camera in the kitchen like the rest of us. :lol:

Here you go then but I have to admit..... and don't take this the wrong way...... but........ THP crowd ....... my camera...... never come into mind when I am cooking my supper, like I mentioned the wife is on Jenny so I have to make my own supper everynight!

I won't post pics for tonights Easter supper, embarassing as it is going to sound, we are having turkey, not like you might think(me brining the bird the day before, then popping it on the smoker for a couple of hours, then finally to the oven) - wifey had an idea, yes a blonde idea, she bought a FROZEN, STUFFED, TURKEY BREAST FROM...............WWWAAALLLMMMAAARRRTTT!!!!! The one day she decides to skip on Jenny.

HPIM1750.jpg

Damn dude how many root vegetables did you put in that stew... someone count! LOL... I'd eat it, even if it sounds weird with pickled beets.

Okay, I had a jar of pickled beets in the fridge with just a small scoop left, so I tossed yer in, I had a small container of mixed peas/corn left in the fridge, so..... I tossed yer in. The decision was made after I had my 5pm shot of brandy!

Burning Colon said:
Okay, I had a jar of pickled beets in the fridge with just a small scoop left, so I tossed yer in, I had a small container of mixed peas/corn left in the fridge, so..... I tossed yer in. The decision was made after I had my 5pm shot of brandy!
Hehe

Back