food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

tonights dinner was my first attempt at a calzone... pics dont look the greatest... but here 'tis...

larger one with chilli salami, ham, olives, spanish onion and mozzarella... smaller one with zucchini, mushrooms, ham, spanish onion and orange habs and cheese... came out tasty!

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

A little something for the weird shit-o-meter, but pretty tasty! My g/f hates the stuff so I only make this every now and then. It's called "Chairman Mao's Red-Braised Pork". I usually end up eating this alone because no-one else other than dear ol' maw likes that much fat in a meal :)

porkbelly.jpg

Pic is too close up to see what it is.

THP, it's pork belly :). Seriously pork belly. I cut the skin off because it was optional. It's a lot better than it sounds.

Either way I found a link to it online pileiton. Check it out at Red-Braised Pork

Also found the book pic of it HERE

Not 'spicy' for those here (made it for the wussy family), but did have a bunch of crushed red pepper flakes on it. It was my first go round with making a pizza on the grill. I was concerned about the crust, but it turned out absolutely awesome! It was crisp the whole way through. I'm definitely doing this again. Maybe a greek pizza next...

BBQPizza.jpg

Back