food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

HBD - stir fry looks tasty, ginger always works great for stir frys you should also try adding some orange or tangerine (tasty blend)
JT - loving the gumbo
celeste - I'd try it, but gotta say its different not in a bad way just different combo for me.
AJ - looking foward to see your chili

Oh, and I shoulda said, great looking stirfry, CH. MMMM, ginger. I really need to clean up that wok that has been collecting dust....
I guess I was raised to be a fearless taster, I remember as a child being offered canned squid tentacles, and chocolate covered ants. Though I went through that princess period where none of my food could touch each other on the plate, I got over it!-I have become a completely fearless food combo experimenter.

Choosing for a time to be a vegetarian and working in a health food store for a bit taught me a lot. Since so much of the familiar is now untouchable for me I will try anything I *can* eat, at least once! (I do not like octopus, and I only like squid prepared certain ways. wish i could find those canned tentacles again).

Paul, you are the only male I have ever met that has looked at my strange food combinations and said he WANTED to come to dinner! My sons call me Orihime, after an anime character that does strange cooking combos.

Celeste said:
Oh, and I shoulda said, great looking stirfry, CH. MMMM, ginger. I really need to clean up that wok that has been collecting dust....
I guess I was raised to be a fearless taster, I remember as a child being offered canned squid tentacles, and chocolate covered ants. Though I went through that princess period where none of my food could touch each other on the plate, I got over it!-I have become a completely fearless food combo experimenter.

Choosing for a time to be a vegetarian and working in a health food store for a bit taught me a lot. Since so much of the familiar is now untouchable for me I will try anything I *can* eat, at least once! (I do not like octopus, and I only like squid prepared certain ways. wish i could find those canned tentacles again).

you should break out that wok, cooking in a wok is a good way to keep the nutrients in the food (next to steaming)
plus its quick & simple to cook up a meal in a wok! just pick your flavors you want (ingredients & sauce)
I like eating squid, not much of a taste just chewier.

Celeste said:
Paul, you are the only male I have ever met that has looked at my strange food combinations and said he WANTED to come to dinner! My sons call me Orihime, after an anime character that does strange cooking combos.

I love trying new foods.....and I'm sure you've adapted some very fascinating combinations.

YES...I'd be honored!

Yeah, I made something once I called curried chakanobe gumbo....I am sure the true creoles here would have been appalled, but maybe I could've gotten a sumo wrestler to try it!

Wow, things have slowed down in here. Oh well, I made up a couple of dishes. The first one is Firecracker Beef and the second is Chicken with Chilies.

Firecracker Beef isn't really all that hot, but it has an interesting contrast of flavors and textures. It has a mixture of hot, cold, sour and crunchy. The beef is hot because it's cooked, but it's also cooked with sambol olek and a few other ingredients. The noodles are cooked then put in the fridge for a couple of hours. It has rice wine vinegar added to it so it's a bit sour. Then peanuts give it a bit of a crunch so it's really a whole different kind of experience. Pretty good overall though.

Firecracker-Beef.jpg

The chicken with chilies on rice isn't as hot as it looks. The recipe does use a healthy amount of chilies (about two handfuls), but they don't really impart much of the heat onto the chicken. The hottest part is the sichuan pepper corns - mainly because I ate those as I went.

Chicken-with-Chiles-010.jpg

Probably more of a snack but I took Jalapenos and de-seeded them (because I want to keep the seeds) and filled it with a mixture of cream cheese, feta, garlic and black pepper (no salt since the feta is loaded with it) and then stuffed Jalapeno halves (cut them length wise so they are like little boats) and then I grilled them in my cast iron skillet until the skin was a bit blackened...then I ate them while watching a movie :)

I like the look of the Firecracker Beef Blister, very nice.

I'm still fired up from the Jonah in this:
001-9.jpg

Added a little s/p and a dash of Merlot with some garlic bread on the side:
002-5.jpg

The silverside is in there somewhere, honest. The Jonah isn't real big but a whole one of these is plenty of heat for one meal.

SeeYouJimmy said:
Thanks Paulky, was pretty friggin' hot too but luckily it didn't cause any problems this morning......

Ahhhhhhh Yesssssssss.....don'tcha just love spinning the big wheel of pain?......hoping it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass?

:rofl:

I should be posting this in The Drunken Chef probably, but I am not drinking at the moment. Have been for many moments in the past four hours, but not currently so it goes here. The pics reflect the intention, but not the deliciousness of this dinner. This is a chicken parmesan sandwich with mushroom risotto with parmesan and gouda cheeses. The sandwich contains the chicken, radiccio, mozzarella, marinara, mushrooms, and basil leaves. Mine also had about a tablespoon of AJ's Scorpion puree (and kicked my a$$).

100_0291.jpg

100_0292.jpg

I'm just sorry the pics didn't turn out as good as the food. Oh well.

Turkey Slapped chicken schnitzel:
002-6.jpg

I added 2 crushed garlic cloves to the egg mix and the multigrain bread crumbs have s/p, paprika and some dried herbs. Neil's Y7 sauce goes great with it and I worked up quite the sweat eating it. I love the Yellow7 burn.

Back