food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Holy crap! Those look awesome. GIMME! Looks like Retta approved too.

You get 2 WINS! One for the killer mongo poppers and another for 'Retta! I see vino too. Have I been a bad influence?

Thanks y'all!!

Retta loved them! She stood at the skillet and convinced me to add the whole damn bag of shrimp. :rofl: She's a hoot!!

The wine is a MUST TRY. It's the best I've ever tasted...here is the brand:
Adesso Cagnina di Romagna

***Think I have my Throwdown entry sorted.....it's gonna be a show-stopper!!***

Well here it goes. I haven't been able to figure where to post this, either in the DC thread or here. I settled on here since I'm haven't drank enough to qualify for the DC thread, but may be there by the time this is finished. :lol:

Stuffed Pepper Soup​

Here is what I did:

1 onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
2-3 cups of chopped Hungarian Peppers
1 lbs of Ground Beef
1 28oz Crushed Tomatoes
1 16oz diced tomatoes
1 pint of homemade diced spicy tomatoes
2 16 oz cans of beef broth
1 cup uncooked Jasmine Rice
4 cups water
4 pinches of Parsley
2 pinches of sugar
2 pinches of pepper
1 pinch of Cinnamon
2 pinches of Cumin
Tepin Powder to taste (I used 4 pinches)

*my pinches are about 1-2 teaspoons)

Sauté onion in olive oil sprinkled with Tepin Powder. Add ground beef and brown. Mix all remaining ingredients in soup pot and stir in the onions and browned meet. Simmer for about 45 minutes or until rice is cooked.

My Ingredients...I swapped out the can of sauce for the crushed tomatoes
DSCF4351.jpg

Onions getting all happy with some Tepin Powder
DSCF4352.jpg

Everything combined and waiting for the cook time to end
DSCF4353.jpg

A buddy of mine gave me the run down on this soup and he said it was like eating stuffed peppers in a bowl. He gave me the basic recipe, I just tweaked it to suit Pepperfreak's Kitchen.

More to come in about 45 minutes :D

Oh WOW! This soup is everything he described it and more. I think that next to chili this is my next favorite bowl of goodness.

DSCF4354.jpg

This really tastes like stuffed peppers.

:think:

I think my next creation is going to be attempting to make jalapeno popper soup, so stay tuned....

Oh WOW! This soup is everything he described it and more. I think that next to chili this is my next favorite bowl of goodness.

DSCF4354.jpg

This really tastes like stuffed peppers.

:think:

I think my next creation is going to be attempting to make jalapeno popper soup, so stay tuned....

This looks PERFECT for the season!!! :woohoo:

Holy CRAP that looks good!!!

WIN!!

Thanks Paul. I'm glad that at least you and Pi liked it. As you have said the comments is what makes doing this all worth it and you two are the only ones who commented. Thank You!

Sorry, I haven't been here much this weekend. I love it. I have never heard of stuffed pepper soup, but after looking at that, I am going to have to try it!

Thanks JayT, it turned out really good and it really did taste like stuffed peppers. I heated some up last night and melted some shredded mozzarella cheese on top and that really set it off and made it even better.

Last week I made my famous (well, at least with my friends anyway) REDTAIL'S ASS-KICKIN' STUFFED PEPPERS with some nice looking pablanos I found at the grocery store. Stuffing is made of italian sausage, some miscellaneous diced pepper parts (a great way to use up your cut-offs), shredded mozzarella, diced red onion and one block of cream cheese. Yummers!!!

:beer:

Red, you gotta post pics here or it didn't happen, so get out that camera Sounds good though.
Just finished cooking my first batch of Stuffed Pepper soup. The only thing I would change would maybe be the amount of cinnamon. Otherwise, delicious!!!

In response, I'm planning on making some stuffed pepps shortly. Going to have to wait on the pics!

~REDTAILFORESTER

Back