• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Slapped some steaks on the grill. Seasoned mine with sea salt, garlic, coriander, ancho and chipotle chile powders.

steak.jpg

What the hell is that? A pic of one bite? :lol:

Roasted Tomatillo Salsa

dIzI3.jpg

Roasted some tomatillos and garlic and then added some chipotles in adobo. Blend! Simple and awesome.

WtEME.jpg

n3R5P.jpg1.jpg

Packs a decent punch, but if I could go back in time, I would've roasted some habaneros and added them.

Just threw together a quick snack and liked it. I had purchased some mango chunks at the store, and unfortunately most were under-ripe. But I decided they might be good if I cooked them. Added some ginger juice, achiote powder and ancho chile powder, then nuked them. I think I would have liked them even more if I had done them on the grill, but this was a throw-together snack. Pretty tasty. I can see also adding coriander and/or allspice to the mix. I went with ginger juice instead of ginger syrup because I didn't want it very sweet, but the syrup would be an option fo sho. I was thinking this would be good on ice cream, too.

BBQ Pork Tenderloin with LunchBox's homegrown maters and some kind of xxx hybrid jalapenos. Hot little bastards! Had to have something green.......so broccoli it was.
Thing is, there is something about a tomato. When they are right, its almost as good as a pepper!
Anyway, here is to LunchBox. Man grows a mean plant. All of them I tell you! Picture doesn't do it justice, its the new ATT phone...I'll get the hang of it.

lunchbox.jpg

It has been very Hot lately, maybe I hallucinate....

Wait a minute....

NO !!!!!!!! THAT'S BLACK PEPPER!

c11f89ea.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

IS IT TRULY?

NAW CAN'T BE, SHE DOESN'T EVEN ALLOW HER SON TO BRING IT INTO HER HOUSE

BUT WAIT

WHAT IF WHILE SHE TRAVELS HE SNEAKEDD SOME IN AND LABELED IT AS SAY SOME OTHER PEPPER

HUMMMMM, IT COULD HAPPEN

BUT THEN..........................................

Y'all have lost your marbles. I'm sure there are nice, cozy rooms with padded walls somewhere in your towns that have your names permanently etched on the doors..... ;)

That reminds me..... Scovie they are installing the padding on the ceiling in your room on the 18th. Apparently the new girl didn't send out the invoice. :rofl:

So lemm' 'splain y'all..

Last week mrs. blues and I got the results back from out yearly physicals and blood work. Plah!

Both of us came back with elevated BP and cholesterol levels. Oh poo!

Not surprising as in the last six months as she and I ate queso, bacon, pork, sugar, heavy cream ala mrs. blues favorite, chicken fett, anything with butter, etc.

This morning for brekky I offered her oatmeal and fruit. I got the finger. "No way bucko! Tomorrow I have to go on the road for 2 weeks dammit! I can diet while I'm gone. Either you make queso for breakfast or you're going to make chicken fett for supper. You pick."

Well the boss spoke and I went with queso as most likely I won't get any for another 6 months.

I started the queso with a roux, then added heavy cream, and shredded cheddar/jack, and sea salt.

After I did that, she sliced up bacon and browned that off, then tossed in whisked eggs for a bacon scramble. The bacon scrammies went on top of white toast and topped with the queso. Pickled 'peno's compliment the brekky nicely.

IMG_3752.jpg

Anythang this awesome has to be bad for you.

Plah!

Back