food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Oh man! Looks like a sambal type sauce.

You made sambal balado (plus fig) and didn't even know it!! Looks great!

Thanks g and thp, i always make the sauce in that way, to me this seems the most natural thing, it derives from a very simple tomato onion pasta sauce! :D
Next i want to try to roast peppers and garlic without frying, i see many guys here cook that way.

I really used it in a random mode, but there was indeed some flavour.

Btw i spiced up a very veneto dish:
ibzYeGFiQiqd92.jpg

Liquid above is evo.
Polenta, pork chop and eggplants. I made a quick marinade with my sauce, then brushed with evo/white pepper with a rosemary branch everytime i swapped side. Also i used cooking salt directly while cooking. I used sale grosso, i like it way better than thin salt to salt meat while grilling (maybe it translate with rock salt? That one: http://casanatura.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/4.jpg ).
Grilled eggplants are also one of the absolutely best toppings for pizza. Also yesterday i ate one of the best pizzas of my city, i waited an hour but it was worth.

that pork looks great. 

what kinds of swine do the farmers raise around your parts?  and what kind do the stores sell if you know?

****QuesaZilla****
4 corn tortilla
Shredded smoked pork loin
Refried black bean
Queso fresca
Pepper Jack
Green onion
Cilantro
Salsa Verde
Fresh lime squeeze,powder and sea salt
Awesomeness X3

TNKS that is standard Blues Kitchen fare right there senor.

For every day eatin' es la mejor!

Paper plates for cheapness and overall efficiency.

Excellente'!

Horse slices with arugola, pomodorini and mozz. And piri piri:
ieBVUtjyiWjJ6.jpg

And here some tocai rosso before cleaning:
iN7JDpPRBpUKu.jpg

With that my uncle make some of the best wine i've ever tasted. And it's great also to eat, very sweet and with amazing taste. For sure some of the best fruit ever.

Essegi said:
Horse slices ...
Uh oh. Now sic's going to come up with another animated gif.  :lol:

I don't think I've ever considered putting that size of chunks of mozz on a salad before - I usually shred it, but then clearly that's fresher mozz than I shred. Nice color on the salad and looks tasty!

Tried my hand at chilorio tonight:

Pork shoulder, cubed and stewed to not-quite fall-apart in an OJ mix then chopped/shredded.
P1010835.JPG

Pureed rehydrated pasillas, onion, parsley, cilantro, oregano, sea salt, cumin, allspice, apple cider vinegar, hot pepper powder. Sauteed about 20 minutes to thicken. This was before it started to thicken.
P1010836.JPG

Drain off the OJ then throw the pork in, then sautee about half an hour so the sauce thickens further and the pork is fully done.
P1010838.JPG

It's traditional in Mexico to serve on tortillas as-is, but we also made a "standard" garden-fresh salsa (not shown) and put it on them, too.
P1010839.JPG

Salsa was fresh pasillas, green onion, roma tomatoes, garlic, red bell pepper, cilantro, parsley, lime juice, sea salt. 

Stuffed.

Back