food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Looks good geeme. Never heard of cholorio. Is that like puerco/cochinita pibil?

There is also a version w/o OJ which is the similarity to pibil - Im definitely going to give this a go on Sunday but when I have a Butt in hand its tough not wanting to smoke it 

LUCKYDOG said:
There is also a version w/o OJ which is the similarity to pibil - Im definitely going to give this a go on Sunday but when I have a Butt in hand its tough not wanting to smoke it 
I am 100% with you on the butt and smoker. I went the carnita route just for that reason alone and smoked the butt :) 

Same author has a pork tenderloin recipe that uses OJ. Either don't bother at all or make one of two changes. Either use a different cut of meat (like a shoulder) or marinate the meat in the fridge then cook as you would a pork tenderloin any other way. I usually do PT at 500F, 9 minutes on each side. Makes a perfectly tender, moist piece of meat that way. The longer cook time called for in the recipe just ruins that cut of meat, IMO. 

Holy hell:

ib1JOXN3jhutZc.jpg

Fresh pepper and speck is an incredible combo! Cayenna here, but even better with calabrese. Or maybe was just the speck out of scale, rarely so good...

It's good to know you're eating well, essie, even if you're not eating much.  ;)
That plate looks like it's calling for more.

Thanks g, of course it was not the only thing i've eaten (though i didn't eat much), also another cayenna with speck. I say that calabrese peppers i have are hotter than this one and flavour is stronger (a bit more bell pepper oriented also), and was perfect for that combo.

You idiot!

Did you get my package yet, and did you like it?

Back