• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Haven't had that Peruvian dish but love Peruvian, looks great!

geeme said:
Makes me think of chicken stroganoff, Tinnie. What's in there?

Thats actually a fair comparison somewhat... i see many compare it to curry which i dont tend to agree with.

It may sound a little strange but basically what is in it is.... chicken breast (cooked and shredded), onion, garlic, Aji Amarillo paste, white bread (that has been soaked in evaporated milk and blended), chicken stock and a little parmesan cheese. The color and flavor mainly come from the aji amarillo paste.

I got a hankering for some strganoff now lol
Thank you THP!

I have!

I dont make it very well. My friend makes an excellent sauce, she uses thai chillies as they are common here, so there is more heat but it doesnt have the yellow color. I want her to teach me how to do it soon.

Every family has a Salsa ala Huancaina recipe.... they eat it with basically any potato/rice/pasta dish..... they eat ALOT of that stuff.... and i dont blame them, it tastes fantastic... 

Just some simple beef stroganoff, never looks good in a picture unless I really stage it oh and use a real camera :) 

10600599_872699036097157_623216476017257363_n.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Just some simple beef stroganoff, never looks good in a picture unless I really stage it oh and use a real camera :)

10600599_872699036097157_623216476017257363_n.jpg
Looks very brothy compared to what I am used to.  Do you use sour cream?

JayT said:
Looks very brothy compared to what I am used to.  Do you use sour cream?
Yes, sour cream and Dijon. There is more liquid there because I folded back in all the yummy beef juices! 

sauce prior to sour cream and Dijon.

1796470_872660426101018_4119310437046827281_n.jpg

Spicy lasagne.

Lotsa stuff happened before the below stages.

Beef, red wine and italian herb sauce, pasta, V8 sodium lite juice, garlic aoili, Grana Padano, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper.  In the oven at 160 deg C fan forced for 40 minutes.
PA251994_zpsb2a6606a.jpg

1/4 bottle of the one on the right went into the mix too

PA251997_zpse5456658.jpg

Extra Grana Padano and garlic aoili and water emulsion and back in the oven at 180 deg C fan forced for 5-6 minutes

PA251998_zps9d25eae4.jpg

Pretty dang tasty

PA252000_zps3bb47fea.jpg

I bet that was good!

Put some yogurt sauce on top. Man. Never thought of Greek and jerk but it's sounding right.

(I bet a little of the jerk in some Greek yogurt, cukes, and a squeeze of lemon would have made a good sauce.)

Thanks Grant but i failed to show the foot... As a foot. It's not a thing you see everyday. :P
Powder is a mix of some praprika, black, green and maybe white (or pink or something elese) pepper.
A friend of mine picked that for me in Turkey.

Back