food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

paulky_2000 said:
OKAY.....

1) Where the hell did everyone post their Super Bowl munchies?

2) Why can't I find them?

3) Did anyone's look as good as OURS????

Fried pork wontons.....lumpia........asian-style chicken fingers....and homemade Thai-chili sauce!!!!

Wait! NO NO NO NO NO... WTF.

Where's our recipe that look killer! Sauce recipe too darn it!

I'm with D3, I'd be interested in knowing more about the fried pork wontons, and D talks often of lumpia that her Puerto Rican friends would make (I believe it's a Filipino or Vietnamese dish) and that we failed miserably to recreate once when we tried (it's somewhere around here - probably DC thread) ...

D3monic said:

Wait! NO NO NO NO NO... WTF.

Where's our recipe that look killer! Sauce recipe too darn it!

grantmichaels said:
I'm with D3, I'd be interested in knowing more about the fried pork wontons, and D talks often of lumpia that her Puerto Rican friends would make (I believe it's a Filipino or Vietnamese dish) and that we failed miserably to recreate once when we tried (it's somewhere around here - probably DC thread) ...

Here's the Thai Chili sauce.......SO EASY!!!
The Lumpia is so very simple!!!

--1lb breakfast sausage, ground pork, ground chicken, ground yak, ground ostrich, ground road-kill, or salad shrimp

--1 large pack of cole slaw mix

--2TBSP soy sauce

--2TBSP beer.....plus whatever you drink during preperation

--1 pack of pre-formed egg roll wrappers

--oil for frying (350 degrees)

Cook sausage or mystery meat....chopping till it's something you'd like to bite into in an egg roll....unless it's the shrimp.....then you'll just add it to the cole slaw mix.-----set aside.

Put all of the cole slaw mix in a pot big enough to hold it.....along with the soy sauce and beer.

Cover, and steam the mixture for around 5 minutes on a medium-high flame.

Uncover and stir regularly.....allowing the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.

Add the meaty goodness to the cabbage.

Roll in the wrappers....and cook immediately in the oil for 3-4 minutes. Or until golden brown.

Drain on paper towels or your ex-wife's wedding dress

To test doneness, break one in half and apply the ends to the soft skin under your arm. If you scream like Homer Simpson.....you have arrived at Flavor Town!

Serve with tears and Thai dipping sauce!

Outstanding! Finger food is my kinda grub  :P

My mate's Filipina wife makes Lumpia.... its fantastic and she makes it in huge batches

paulky_2000 said:
OKAY.....

1) Where the hell did everyone post their Super Bowl munchies?

2) Why can't I find them?

3) Did anyone's look as good as OURS????

Fried pork wontons.....lumpia........asian-style chicken fingers....and homemade Thai-chili sauce!!!!

I would eat ALL of that. Then take a nap

quick stir fry

Sauteed meat in sherry and chili oil

Added onions and peppers including 6 dried pequins

Broccoli and mushies

Garlic, ginger, soy sauce and general tso sauce

Served with some "rice sticks" that turned out meh cause I couldn't find my usual rice noodles and these had weird cooking directions i'm not used to.

Getting ready to start marinading some Pork shoulder for Cochinita pibil for the smoker tomorrow. 

Got the meat marinading to go into the smoker early tomorrow.

Rubbed down with anchiote paste, copious amounts of garlic and cumin and a handful of pequins.
I wear gloves because
1. I can't stand handling cold raw meat
2. My hands would be stained red the rest the night

Marinade made out of cheater mix Al Pastor seasoning, orange juice, lime juice, cumin, garlic, tiny bit water and white wine vinegar. 

Vacuumed and sealed for the night. Can't wait to prep the peppers, got some habaneros, red jalapenos and a bunch of pablanos. 

I forgot to grab some banana leaves so just going to smoke with with some foil gently covering it. Smoke for 4-5 hours then toss in the oven to finish it off with the peppers, onions ect. 

Back