• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

1Q3CxO4.jpg

The Drunken Chef thread seems to be disappeared, so this is the closest to tomorrow's drinking and grilling. Getting ready tonight for drinking and grilling tomorrow while drinking. 

7soTFbZ.jpg

1NFvseX.jpg

The bag of coal. The department store decided to be a toss pot and raise the price of the bag of briquettes by $4, so I told them go and bum their mother-in-law. Annoyed because those are 100% Aussie made briquettes and they burn hotter then hell itself and last forever. I ventured to the local fruit shop where they sell Mallee Root lump charcoal, and it works out cheaper than these greedy defartment store wankers now. 100% Aussie coal, not that Vietnamese or South African stuff the name brands import. 

cyhpXb8.jpg

Marinating wings for tomorrow's episode of Drinkin' and Grillin'. Quite simple this time, Peri Peri sauce and a fuckton of Cayenne pepper, and BBQ sauce with a slightly less fuckton of Cayenne Pepper. We'll let the charcoal do the rest of the work - the best I can with the freaking crumbs and huge ass tree trunks the wankers in the fruit shop sold me for $28. There are 3 other immediate charcoal retailers +  a department store, but because these bags are 20kg, will take a while to cycle through 'em and see which is best

sXIkUrl.jpg

cI1rKRy.jpg

Right, here's the results. This immensely inconsistent charcoal the fruit shop sold me has bit me in the ass, and this is with using basically the last usable pieces. It has gotten to the point where it's either giant tree trunks, or shitty crumbs, and even DUST. Yes, DUST. Like asbestos. It was hard to get a consistent cook, and the coals refused to feed of each other, then spontaneously died right in the bloody ass and was left with no heat. I even had to add a couple of the huge usable chunks about 90 mins into the 15 min cook and re-freaking-light. FFS. So a 15 minute cook turned into 3 hours. Yep 3 hours. And to boot, my potatoes were undercooked to shit. NOTHING WORSE THAN UNDERCOOKED POTATOES, except perhaps paying good money for charcoal that is full of bullshit crumbs and inconsistent af. 

Atleast the corn was unreal, and the meat turned out to my liking, mostly. Potatoes were relegated to the ants and my mum.

4hmeuqT.jpg

Zy6fOwv.jpg

vtGy5iF.jpg

c3euRVF.jpg

RELIGHT! 

32xBScZ.jpg

Cji9ZFc.jpg

PJo1jGR.jpg

Fully loaded green chile chicken tamales

wqqWLpA.jpg

Red Sauce - dried ripe hatch and chipotle  :hotsauce:  Green Sauce tomatillo jalapeno sauce  :hotsauce: Avocado, red and yellow hothouse Tomatoes, Cotija Cheese, chopped red Onion, spiked the Sour Cream with a little of the red sauce, and dusted with smoked Serrano powder, and dropped a couple chacoense peppers on there randomly, all on a bed of Spanish rice
  :drunk:
yJ1h0sb.jpg

so good  :drooling:

now i'm ready for a nap  :rofl:

:cheers:

leftover crockpot pulled pork turned into; messy-Josephs or unkempt-Jose, 'sloppy-Joe', nah not-quite  :lol:

D7YkkLS.jpg
on the left here we have; spicy caramelized onion spread, then the pulled pork crisped up a bit in a pan, muenster cheese, and some SBR
on the right we have; SBR some very basic weak 'coleslaw' with added crushed chacoense, pork, and some Skullburner Smoke 'N' fire

YmtT7uv.jpg

served with corn dusted with my smoked Serrano powder, and some baked beans  :drooling:

thanks again for the awesome sauce and delicious caramelized onion chutney @Shorerider, you rock mate  :metal:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
leftover crockpot pulled pork turned into; messy-Josephs or unkempt-Jose, 'sloppy-Joe', nah not-quite  :lol:

D7YkkLS.jpg
on the left here we have; spicy caramelized onion spread, then the pulled pork crisped up a bit in a pan, muenster cheese, and some SBR
on the right we have; SBR some very basic weak 'coleslaw' with added crushed chacoense, pork, and some Skullburner Smoke 'N' fire

YmtT7uv.jpg

served with corn dusted with my smoked Serrano powder, and some baked beans  :drooling:

Was about to comment on how "I know this guy" who makes some awesome smoked Serrano powder and then lay straight into some details about how good it is on corn - then realized... well sh*t, you are the dude. Cheers GIP! Flattery at its most sincere.

Back