• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Shorerider said:
So what brand is the hot salami? I've given up on finding anything with reasonable heat. Oh, those tomatoes are begging for some chilli pow, I'd still smash that plate though.

Oh yeah, don't get me started on finding shit with heat in this country. Everything labelled "hot" or extra hot" is more like "extra bloody mild"   :rolleyes:  :evil:  :deadhorse:  You really have to scout out obscure specialty stores and things like asian/indian grocers etc otherwise it's mail order. 

that salami is here: http://www.butchssmallgoods.com.au/product/chilli-burner-twin-pack/  quite a bit cheaper in the supermarket here though. It's a locally made product so not sure if you can get it in Melbourne. 

Chix thighs.

Grilled calabash.

Maize.

Quinoa with roasted garlic, pequin's, sun dried toms, and dates.

Splooged some sriracha mayo on for good measure.

I ate it like sin.

image.jpeg

Shorerider said:
Marinated lamb chops, tomato salad (Tomato, parsley, red onion, Jimmy Nardello's, Jalapenos, sweet peppers, dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika) and fried broccoli with egg and smoked Cayenne chilli flakes.

Perfection  :cheers:

Fried broccoli with egg is a new one to me but well interested!  :party:

i did country style ribs in the oven tonight and decided to skip my usual homemade rub and went with Warrantman`s "Arson" spicy salt and garlic powder. arson is course sea salt with carolina reaper and ghost pepper mixed in is very well balanced. started out with some BBQ sauce on the side but after a few bites i decided it wasn't needed. i don`t have a smoker so i`ve experimented with many ways of doing ribs and cooking them on my gas grill makes them taste great but not very tender. i usually do them in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours with BBQ sauce and dry rub and finish under the broiler to finish them off which come out so tender that they fall apart. this batch came out great  and were tender and very tasty with Reggie`s Arson salt as the main component for seasoning! Kudos Reggie :cheers:

before
20190912_165348_resized.jpg

after
20190912_193000_resized.jpg

20190912_190524_resized2.jpg

Have you the 3-2-1 method on your gas grill! It worked for me when smoker died.

https://barbecuebible.com/2015/01/20/3-2-1-method-ribs/

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
i did country style ribs in the oven tonight and decided to skip my usual homemade rub and went with Warrantman`s "Arson" spicy salt and garlic powder. arson is course sea salt with carolina reaper and ghost pepper mixed in is very well balanced. started out with some BBQ sauce on the side but after a few bites i decided it wasn't needed. i don`t have a smoker so i`ve experimented with many ways of doing ribs and cooking them on my gas grill makes them taste great but not very tender. i usually do them in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours with BBQ sauce and dry rub and finish under the broiler to finish them off which come out so tender that they fall apart. this batch came out great  and were tender and very tasty with Reggie`s Arson salt as the main component for seasoning! Kudos Reggie :cheers:

before
attachicon.gif
20190912_165348_resized.jpg

after
attachicon.gif
20190912_193000_resized.jpg

attachicon.gif
20190912_190524_resized2.jpg

Making a pot of mild chilli today. Gunna try an experiment too. See if i can get some of the Steak And Shake chilli flavor going on

A little over 2lbs of 85% lean chilli grind beef
2-3 cans of beans cuz im being lazy
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles (no salt added)
No salt added beef stock
Williams chilli seasoning and some of my own added.
Onion....of course
Homegrown pepper powda blend to adjust the heat.
1 Can of Campbells Cream of Onion.....the soy lecithin/cream is the key to it. Plus it gives it the color of S&S chilli. Heavy whipping cream would work also.
Salt to taste.

Brown da beef
Drain off extra fat as desired
Cook the onion in the fat till softened
Add the diced Rotel maters, Williams, extra cumin and the beef. Rendering down the maters a bit.
Add beef stock and cook until the beef is well seasoned.
Add da beans
Add the creamy soup stuff when the beans had enough time to release some starch and simmer for a few more minutes.

Mo chilli!!!!

1lb extra lean ground beef cuz dats whats i got atm
1lb leftover really tender roast pork loin with about 4 tbs of the fatty dippins
1 large can of Brooks chilli beans (mild)
1 can pinto beans (no salt added)
1 8oz can tomato sauce (no salt added)
1 can Campbells cream of onion
About 2/3 of a pack of Williams TexMex chili seasoning.....grabbed the wrong one
Half a large yellow onion diced
1 tbs ground cumin
Good pinch of Mexican oregano

Just enough no salt added beef stock to cover the meat and mater sauce to infuse it wiff da Williams before adding da beans.

This has almost enough salt as it is and the color looks just like S&S chilli. Flavor is really close but a tad more spicy. Needs to cook low and slow for another hour to get a better assessment. Hoping the roast pork mostly falls apart while its on a low simmer.

ATM if i had to guess what its missing....i would say garam masala

Back